Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Let's hear it for The Quo!

editor

hiraethified
Criminally maligned by hipsters and fashion victims the world over, but surely you can't quibble with this fine collection of heads down, no-nonsense boogie?

Paper Plane
Caroline
Break The Rules
Down Down
Roll Over Lay Down
Rockin' All Over The World
Whatever You Want

Let's hear it for the relentlessly chugging QUO!

phildwyer

Gorau arf arf dysg
editor said:
Criminally maligned by hipsters and fashion victims the world over, but surely you can't quibble with this fine collection of heads down, no-nonsense boogie?
You missed out the word "mindless."

Belushi

01 811 8055
R.I.P.
I used to see the one with the blonde hair walking his (v.big) dog on my way to work some mornings, friendly guy who always said hello and chatted with people.

Can't say I own any of their records tho!

sojourner

Where's me readers?
And let's not forget Down the Dustpipe, classic stuff there.

I used to be in the Status Quo fan club, did I mention?

When I was 12 obviously.

Not now.

It'd be a bit unsophisticated at 38, non?

zaphod22

Mu mum is a big fan and I bought her a personally signed copy of their book a couple of Christmas's ago. I was told not to shake their hands too hard as they were on tour and didn't want any damage done.

In the Army Now is a pretty good tune.

rubbershoes

not the only raver in the village
Dubversion said:
and i saw them on a farewell tour about 22 years ago, yet the cunts are still going

me too :oops:

the southampton gaumont iirc

It’s like DFS having constant sales.

Gotta see the quo now as the tour MUST end this Friday

LDR

kiwitanga
I always thought they were a bit of a poor man's AC/DC without the tunes, image or anything else which makes AC/DC great.

I don't mind some of their tunes but I don't understand quite why they are still so popular.

Wolfie

Pictures of Matchstick Men?

they are tediously unimaginative aren't they? Meat and potato rock and roll and its most bland ....

pogofish

Testicle Hairstyle
Dubversion said:
they're shit. and i saw them on a farewell tour about 22 years ago, yet the cunts are still going
I saw them on that tour as well & I'm happy enough to leave it at that.

Rockin' All Over The World is also better done by John Fogerty IMO. there is a version on Download .com at the moment! :)

dirtysanta

Original Casual
editor said:

Paper Plane
Caroline
Break The Rules
Down Down
Roll Over Lay Down
Rockin' All Over The World
Whatever You Want

Let's hear it for the relentlessly chugging QUO!

:cool:

Sweet FA

✪ Three rounds Lord, in my .44 ✪
Big Fat Mama!
"But I love that woman
Like fish loves the water"

I saw them at Hammersmith Odeon (or the Hammy O as we knew it then :oops: ) on the End of the Road Tour in 1984. Liars :mad:

Dubversion

Gorn
Enforced Holiday
Donna Ferentes said:
I thought you didn't like cold, clever music.

i think you've exaggerated my feelings on the matter, or moved from some specific to a general in some way. I don't discount anything purely on its temperature or intelligence. I probably tend towards stuff that is warmer and dumber, mind ;)

William of Walworth

Festographer
christonabike said:
Twelve Gold Bars was my first record

:)
I've got that somewhere.

Can I stress that I haven't played it in well over 20 years though? :oops:

In very limited doses, and when you're proper drunk, it can be OK party music. But once your musical taste/appreciation matures beyond a certain point ;) then you tend to start finding them very very tedious ...

Down The Dustpipe is OK mind ...

A mate dragged me to see them at Selhurst Park for some alleged farewell' gig or other in the eighties, maybe the same tour that Dub saw them at. Chas and Dave were one of th supporting acts. The latter were far better ....