Les Cleevely

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Roger D, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

Some of the longer standing fans might be interested to know that ex Hamlet player and player manager Les Cleevely has today been confirmed as the new manager at Godalming Town. Living quite close to Godalming I've popped in a few times and always found them a welcoming club so I hope things go better for him there than in his spell managing the Hamlet.

Seem to recall Erhun made his competitive debut for us there in the cup after the international clearance was finally sorted out.

2. Roger D

Another familiar face will also be playing locally next season, Luke Wanadio has just been confirmed as signing for Aldershot.

3. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Hates Meadow Residential

I remember Les Cleevely was Dave Garland''s goal keeper. He loved to punch the ball clear. Was Les managing the Carshalton reserves last season?

4. Roger D

Their academy I believe. He's had quite a varied career since he left us to be fair to him and is probably in a better position now than he was then in terms of skill set. He also took over a Hamlet team that was little more than an undisciplined rabble and on the slide from memory. Not exactly a great starting point.

5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Anyone remember the song from our relegation season? "Les the Manager..Can he fix it? Les the manager..no he can't!" ;)

Jimbob73 likes this.
  6. Roger D

Yes I remember that, and the look he shot us first time he heard it. Probably a good job we were up the other end......

Dulwich Mishi likes this.