1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leicester City FC

Discussion in 'football' started by prunus, Nov 8, 2015.

1. big eejit

big eejit She looks like Alan Gilzean

Vardy signed on for another four years. :)

Sweet Meiga likes this.
  2. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

3. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

4. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

:D What dickheads!

Fez909, marty21 and ska invita like this.
  5. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Ready to Riot

wow. what a fucking ridiculous move.

gosub, Fez909, marty21 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

Cuntish of the owners not to at least give Ranieri the chance to beat Sevilla in the 2nd leg. I thought he did a great job motivating them in the second half last night when they did really well.

7. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Clueless, backstabbing twats. Leicester has been relegated m, what, five or six times in the last 30 odd years? If not as if they were an Arsenal or a Liverpool and relegation was an unthinkable prospect ffs.

Dr. Furface, editor, Fez909 and 4 others like this.
  8. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Firing managers when results go bad is always maddening, but this will never be topped in football history....

:D :facepalm::facepalm:

Fez909 likes this.
  9. tommers

tommers Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent

What a bunch of dickheads.

Fez909, skyscraper101 and marty21 like this.
  10. tommers

tommers Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent

This is the normal. I still don't understand what happened last year.

11. Sea Lion

Sea Lion If you can't dance just nod your head

Lost the last 5 prem games without scoring, beaten by millwall again without scoring. I reckon the board had decided to sack regardless of last nights result. It is harsh but they are in a mess.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  12. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

The signs were there when the owners put themselves front and centre at the Prem trophy presentation, all about them and their status.

The man deserved a full season, but money talks.

T & P and Sea Lion like this.
  13. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I wonder what odds were being offered back in August on him being sacked before the end of this season. Among other things he can boast about fucking the bookies over not once but twice.

Also I'm so glad he asked for a £5m bonus if he won the Premiership when he was negotiating his contract last year. Shame he didn't ask for ten.

BassJunkie likes this.
  14. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

At least he wasn't at Real Madrid, where you can win the CL in May and still be let go in July :D

15. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Haha :D

16. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards Last on. Last off.

I've got you the Premier League, last 16 in Europe with an away goal against Seville. Vardy on a new 4 year contract. Job well done so far...

That was a very brief high Foxes. Back to the bad old days from this weekend I reckon. Only really have everything to lose now, and you probably will. Corporate football :(

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Fez909 likes this.
  17. diond

diond Well-Known Member

It's the Premier League. It's never been called the Premiership. Only if you live in Scotland or like rugby.

18. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards Last on. Last off.

:)

19. strung out

strung out (",)

It was called the premiership between 1993 and 2007.

hipipol likes this.
  20. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

It was brutal and I actually cried real tears last night, but I think that, sadly, it had to happen.

If everyone (including backroom staff who've been there for years) had revolted, as being reported, then what choice did the the owners have? Sentimentality that takes us down is no good to anyone.

It's all kinds of horrible, but it might be the only throw of the dice to keep us in the league.

BCBlues and Badgers like this.
  21. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

Time for Roberto Di Matteo to swoop in and claim his 2nd Champions League title.

hipipol and BCBlues like this.
  22. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Pictured with John Terry in cameo role :D

Sea Lion likes this.
  23. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Whats the evidence that Claudio is to blame for the results this year?

24. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

I don't think there's any substantive evidence either way. But a big change was needed, you can't sack the 50 or so who've allegedly rebelled, so the manager has to go.

That may prove a terrible decision, but I think we were going down anyway.

Has any club ever deserved the 'sublime to the ridiculous' tag more than Leicester? We're the ultimate yo-yo team - and not just between divisions.

ElizabethofYork likes this.
  25. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Someone will heroically step in and steer Leicester to fourth from bottom...

ska invita and ChrisFilter like this.
  26. littlebabyjesus

If I ever get the energy to do it, I'd like to compile stats from, say, the last 20 years charting the fortunes of clubs in trouble that change manager mid-season vs clubs in trouble that do not change manager mid-season. For every miraculous survival with a new manager a la Palace with Pulis, there will be a miraculous survival with the same manager a la Wigan with Martinez or indeed Leicester with Pearson. And there will be a fair few examples of teams that continue to plummet.

'Five defeats in a row and you're gone' appears to be more or less the formula. But randomness is clumpy - you'd expect to see bad trots just out of random variation, and so-called new-manager-bump is often best explained simply by a reversion to the mean.

ska invita likes this.
  27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Everything that is wrong with modern football summed up by his sacking.

BCBlues and Argonia like this.
  28. littlebabyjesus

What I object to most about it is summed up by the owners saying 'we will never let Leicester go down'. Um, that's not up to you mate. Three down, three up each season. Relegation is not some awful catastrophe - it is an integral part of the structure. Hell, Leicester were themselves in the third division not so long ago.

It really annoys me.

29. gosub

gosub ~#

Paul Nuttall's free, and doesn't live that far away.

30. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I read with some amazement that Roberto Mancini is favourite. The clubs owners have some money but aren't mega rich, they have some income from winning the League and will get more from the CL run. fair enough if they were just above mid table with ambitions for a Europa spot but they are fighting relegation .Why on earth would Mancini want to come at this point?

ska invita likes this.