1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Latest transfer gossip...

Discussion in 'football' started by nuffsaid, May 13, 2003.

1. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

Ed, how about a sticky for all the latest transfer gossip?

As its a closed season we're gonna have to survive on the scraps of transfer gossip to feed our footie habit for the next few months.

There's usually loads of rumour mongering so how about a sticky to keep tabs on the comings and goings.

I heard Arsenal might finally be able to off load Kanu to Valencia in return for someone (not very helpful that but can't remember) plus cash.

Also there were rumours about John Terry going to Arsenal but I can't see that now Chelsea have Champions League.

But the biggy is Beckham, heard last night on Talksport that Real Madrid will put an offer in around July, then see what happens.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Oh, OK then: thread title duly changed...

3. nuffsaid

nuffsaid But this goes up to 11

Excellent, cheers.

Kewell to Man U is another I heard, bloody hope not.

And this morning on Talksport - some Turkish club, not Galalalaaray, or however they're spelt, putting a bid in for Viduka.

4. kosciesza61

kosciesza61 New Member

great idea!

it'll be interesting to see which players Leeds United will sell over the summer....

we still have a few decent players in the squad but I wonder how many will remain in August? although we've stayed up we have massive debts so more players could be on their way to keep the creditors/administrators from our door and as we're gonna be in deep shit for the forseeable future others might want to leave of their own accord.

most likely departures are:

harry kewell - he now has a year left on his contract so if he won't sign a new one (or if we can't afford his agent's hyperinflated wage demands) he'll have to go.

paul robinson - given that the plc board could point to the fact that nigel martyn is still ok for a couple of years, danny milosevic is also supposed to be quite good and we have a couple of excellent young keepers coming through the ranks I think robbo's probably played his last game for us too.

and then there's mark viduka, alan smith, danny mills.... :eek:

5. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

rumour is david bellion of sunderland is pissing off to man u.

dave

6. Epico

Epico wordsmiff

Don'tcha love the 'Have your say' part of the BBC.co.uk transfer gossip page.

Todays gem:
    Likely story mate :D

7. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Pillock of the Community

Superb. A silly season thread.

Bob Pires and Kanu are probably the two prime candidates to up and leave us. Main speculation concerning incoming transfers will of course centre around a new goalkeeper (Taylor and Shaaban look to have things covered just fine) and approximately twenty-five million centre-backs.

http://www.arseweb.com should be starting up their official Silly Season page soon. They keep track of every transfer rumour concerning Arsenal, no matter how silly, and then table them up when the new season starts. I think they managed to break 120 last year.

8. Jay Emm

Jay Emm New Member

If Viduka went to Galatasaray I doubt he'd get out of Leeds alive.

9. Yoj

Yoj Equinox is safe as fuck

Julien Escude is going to Man Yoo on a Free from Rennes.

10. Stavrogin

Stavrogin Flipped out Ninja looter

Tottenham time! (takes breath)

Morientes
    Ibrahimovic
    Salas
    Zamora
    Materazzi
    Matt Taylor
    Bowyer
    Ormerod
    Jason Roberts
    Benni Mccarthy
    Heskey
    Kevin Phillips
    Vassel

----

Actually, that's not that many at all - come on Hoddle, you're just not trying hard enough! Why don't you open a call centre in india and have them feeling clubs out all day long?

11. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

Kevin Phillips announced today he's leaving Sunderland. Sky Sports News speculate Boro and Spurs. Maybe he can help someone get relegated next year as well. Unlikely any of the top teams will go for him after last season

12. bubblehead

bubblehead Pokey Pokey Sword

best add Ronaldo, Zidane, Carlos, Beckham, Nesta, Rooney, etc. to that list......:D

13. kosciesza61

kosciesza61 New Member

nah - as Leeds have no money and Peter Reid has connections with the mackems who need to offload players I reckon a few of their players will end up at elland road before too long, eg

we need a left back - gray

we need a central midfielder - mccann

we'll need a striker to replace kewell - phillips

unfortunately they haven't got any decent central defenders and we badly need one of those....

14. Nou Camp

Nou Camp New Member

Spurs

Zamora has gotta be worth a punt. C'mon ENIC, get your bleedin' chequebook out. Jason Roberts is a so-called Spurs fan, but ain't exactly gonna make me rush out and get me season ticket...Salas, overweight, over paid and past his prime...ditto Heskey....Phillips has done nothing all season. Bowyer's obviously looking to jump ship to another London club..yeah he'd be great in midfield, but let's hope the nasty little man fucks off somewhere else. Morientes can run and jump...how dare he think Real Madrid is a bigger team than Tottenham Hotspur!! :D Rivaldo's getting booed by the Milanese, most of his attempts at scoring are hitting the upper rows of the San Siro (though let's hope if he gets off the bench tonight he'll do something against the nasty blue middle-class half of Milan!). ENIC ain't gonna splash out big bucks while there's so much uncertaintity about Hoddle.....and how dare they unveil a new kit while we tread the murky waters of mid table.Tottenham Til I Die. X

15. ChrisFilter

ChrisFilter Like a boss.

Zamora for Leicester is all we seem to hear.. what are peoples opinions on him? worth a punt?

16. ziconess

ziconess Waving not drowning

Have seen him a couple of times & even tho his overall play hasn't been of the best he he's always bloody scored. Am surprised no-one's taken a chance on him sooner tbh.

17. wire thing

wire thing The Power of the Interweb

Marco Materazzi? Isn't he a centre-half?

Any of the above who are 'bigger names' than Hoddle have no chance of going to Spurs while Hoddle is manager.

The best transfer Spurs could have is another manger.

18. kained&able

zamora has been linked with every permeirship club now hasn't he????

and a fair few div one clubs. If defoe goes he is the man i want west ham to go for.

dave

19. Sorry.

Sorry. give it a rest

Re: Kevin Phillips. Rumours round Glasgow suggest he's Rangers bound. Apparently he's been seen at a couple of games there, his agent has as well.

And Sunderland still owe Rangers £3m for Flo ...

20. Ich bin ein Mod

Ich bin ein Mod does his make up in his room

I can see the Old Firm transfer speculation crashing the board if posted on this thread.

As of yet only Gallardo for Celtic with Roma looking to buy Balde

21. You don't want either of those players, they're awful, have you seen Mickey Gray attempting to play this season?

Emerton to newcastle. newcastle rumours and there are more there if anyone cares to look.

Why is pires leaving arsenal?

22. kosciesza61

kosciesza61 New Member

yes - I'm well aware of how shit they are!

but given that nobody half-decent would want to come to Leeds right now and we couldn't afford them even if they did - the likes of mccann and gray are the sort of players we can realistically expect to bring in.... :(

23. Relahni

Relahni New Member

Liverpool to sign.

A full back - Finnan
    A left winger - Duff
    A partner for Owen - Ciise
    And defensive cover for H&H - Boumsong.

To sell

Heskey - to Spurs - £10m ;)
    Ok £8m
    Berger to Portsmouth
    Xavier to Galatasaray
    Diomede to some French club.
    Smicer to Girls aloud.

24. twistedAM

naw he's getting a job as Noel Gallagher's stand in.

ps Sky still reckon it's Phillips for Middlesboro.

Any Man City rumours besides Sorenson to replace PS??

25. Stavrogin

Stavrogin Flipped out Ninja looter

Zamora is exactly what tottenham need, we were already low on forwards and now teddy's gone - although Qu Bo is coming we still need more - Zamora is perfect - young and from the lower leagues - these are the kinds of players we need to really do something

Petition Hoddle (like I used to do to Ossie Ardiles when I was little) and get him to sign zamora!

26. kained&able

I hear David James to Man city.

dave

27. kosciesza61

kosciesza61 New Member

citeh are also interested in nigel martyn.

28. Epico

Epico wordsmiff

Well, I don't know wether tottingham will get zamora, but i've just read they're after Viduka.

29. twistedAM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Please say it ain't so. Hope it's Sorenson. Keep it Danish.

30. kosciesza61

kosciesza61 New Member

I know they've talked to viduka's agent....