Landlords who accept housing benefit

Discussion in 'benefits and housing' started by Argonia, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Does anyone know a good way to find landlords willing to accept housing benefit? I know of dssmove.co.uk but not much else.

2. iona

iona makes George Orwell look like a dalek

Your local council housing dept *might* keep a list which *might* be available to everyone (rather than just people on their private rent deposit scheme)

trabuquera and Argonia like this.
  3. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

4. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

Damn I just tried ringing the estate agency that listed a studio flat at dssmove and turned out the number was faulty. Have emailed them but haven't heard back. Quite irritating. Has anyone had any dealings with them - Haringey Estates?

5. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

6. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

7. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

Back when I was on HB and looking for somewhere to live, there seemed to be nowhere at all ....

Quite dispiriting.

Some of the links above seem to offer some hope. Hope they work.

Argonia likes this.
  8. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

There are some but not many. Surprises me a bit as landlords are guaranteed a good income but there you go.

9. cheesepig

cheesepig Cheesepig

Do the Government pay directly to landlords or is it the renter paying the landlord out of the benefit?

10. BristolEcho

BristolEcho Well-Known Member

If they are universal credit then it is paid to the renter. There are ways this can be circumnavigated.

Housing benefit not being accepted by landlords is a disgusting action.

passenger likes this.
  11. xenon

xenon Radical efficiencies

Years ago I lived in a house where he didn’t want anyone on benefits. I got the HB paid to me so the landlord never knew. My housemates worked. I certainly wouldn’t have UC Paid directly to the landlord if I could avoid it.

Argonia likes this.