Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth Schools Patrol

CH1

"Red Guard"(NLYL)
This reminds me of the Guardian Angels - an American group still going there apparently, but did not really catch on here.

I remember red beret wearing Guardians coming to a meeting at Lambeth Town Hall in the 1989, where they gave the impression that their remit was to police the tube and deter violence. I guess at that time there wasn't any violence on the tube in the way that there was in New York or Chicago, so the Guardians turned out rather redundant.

Code 7 are apparently a locally specific South London group, and they are it seems wanting to befriend and divert school kids at turning out time.
This may be worthwhile - but are they raising hope that this will stop knife crime, when it may not?

Lee Japser

We don't start from that standpoint. In fact, we are tired of the violence agenda. 98% of black kids did not get into trouble with the police last year. We are simply a positive befriending service offering a listening ear and able to refer kids to a wide variety of services from career advice to school or sports scholarships to mental health services or help for a parent who may need help. Why not come along to the meeting and find out more?