Lambeth Nu Town Hall news

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by PordenRdGroup, May 6, 2015.

1. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Folks will I'm sure be delighted to see off-plan marketing has started on the ancillary flats next to Lambeth Town Hall Civic Centre - from £455,000.
    I clipped this from the Hot Property section of Friday's City AM (9 March).
    Nu town all flats.jpg

Gramsci likes this.
  2. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

The awards are now coming in

3. CH1

CH1 "Red Guard"(NLYL)

Anyone see the article "Remarkable Brixton" in the Standard on Wednesday?
    They are starting to flog off 14 shared ownership flats on the site of Hambrook House:
    "The Volt" - 2 bed full price £585,000 - shared ownership price £146,250

Monthly cost* £2,002

Cost breakdown
    £1,005 Rent
    £264 Service charge
    £733 Mortgage*
    (figures from this website - The Volt - 2 bed apartment in Lambeth)

I appreciate I'm unusual on here being in God's waiting room and not having to worry about costs like this, but surely this shared ownership thing is a racket?

The only advantage I can think of is that you get a tradeable asset and can sell you shared ownership rights to another sucker, so to speak.

I've only come across 1 shared ownership tenant/owner. She lived in a flat at Hanover House, 61 Brixton Station Road. Incredibly convenient for weekend tap room sessions at the Brixton Brewery.

My friend/acquaintance (a former work colleague) sold up in Hanover House and moved to Uckfield - which I guess may be a more extreme version of "trading down" and moving to Thornton Heath!

editor likes this.