Lambeth Country Show, Brockwell Park, Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 July 2018

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jan 15, 2018.

1. brixtonblade

brixtonblade Well-Known Member

Tricky Skills and editor like this.
  2. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

Interesting I was chatting to someone I know who is married to someone who works at the Council - according to them, the massive cuts mean they don't have time to deal with all the FOI requests (some of which might be complex) as well as try to do their jobs (which are now more like 1.5 or 2 jobs since there are fewer staff)....I confess I had never thought about this. However, the pressure that staff are under now must surely mean that even more than ever that mistakes can be made or the council taken advantage of by contractors etc so perversely FOI requests are more important than ever before???

3. Tricky Skills

Tricky Skills I demand tea - NOW!

The People's Audit is more important than ever before.

editor, brixtonblade and sparkybird like this.
  4. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

so the reason for the fence is going on disorder in recent years, blaming the police for implementing it. This makes me even more annoyed because it seems its simply not true. If the Fair had genuinely been plagued with punch ups then i would actually begin to understand but from a viewpoint of someone who spends all day of both days in the thick of it there for several years now i have to say ive never seen even a hint of trouble, so i think we are been plain bullshitted to.

ringo, editor, snowy_again and 3 others like this.
  5. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Bovell will in all likelihood manage to make this listenable, because he really is a great musician and arranger, but the idea of these three knocking out a couple of their own hits then a medley of Marley/best of reggae covers is going to be excruciating. It'll probably go down really well.
    Glad I'll be away at a reggae festival.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You mean you missed the Great Phantom Fight of 2017?

jimbarkanoodle and Tricky Skills like this.
  7. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

I saw them last week....they sing old hits along to backing tracks. It was shit.

editor and ringo like this.
  8. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

i think its important they are able to control how much we drink by having a challenge 25 operation at all the bars, oh and to pay £5.50 for a small can of 'craft beer'.