1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lambeth Country Show, Brockwell Park, Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 July 2018

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Tricky Skills

Tricky Skills I demand tea - NOW!

I love how the Sunday afternoon main stage has somehow managed to hold off the many wider social changes in the area. It is perhaps the last bastion where the old boys can meet up for a friendly smoke and a can of Red Stripe. There is such a chilled atmosphere down the BMX side of the park on Sundays. The old Bill understand that it is best to turn a blind eye and let the old crowd enjoy their afternoon in a way that is being forced out elsewhere.

I hope this doesn't change.

2. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

You'd hope there will be a decent line up to compensate for this fencing and no alcohol nonsense.

Last year on the same weekend there was a festival up in Walthamstow. It was free, but no booze allowed in etc. However, headlining were Toots and the Maytals.

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  3. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

If they are not allowing alcohol through the gates, they better put more beer stalls on......cos they couldn't cope with the crowds when people were bringing their own....

RoyReed and DietCokeGirl like this.