1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lambeth Country Show 2017, 15th-16th July

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jun 26, 2017.

1. DietCokeGirl

DietCokeGirl [Your Ad Here]

Nooooooooooooooooo. At least I got to pet the sheep :thumbs:

2. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

We had a grand ole time me and Mr gorgeous

IMG_1884.JPG

3. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

I've had an ace weekend and the country show is still my 2nd fave weekend of the year, but it wasn't as good this year.

Music line up was pretty weak...Abacush were the standout for me. Chris Ellis, Michael Prophet and Bugle just didn't deliver...

more entitled dicks than ever before, although they are kinda harmless in their own charmless way....

had a ball, ate some great food...drank cider (not that Chuckleshithead), danced...got some honey soap (really quite amazing!) came home listened to records....slept content.

looking forward to next year....

keithy, sealion and editor like this.
  4. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

Great weekend! Thought the music on Saturday was better than recent years, Even though i can barely remember Hot 8 Brass band, im sure i was having a great time!

Sunday was as ever, probably even better, a much more bohemian crowd coming out to play. The music was a bit too stop start at points for my liking though, but i guess thats the nature of reggae sometimes.

Glad the worries about searching and shit turned out to be a false alarm.

The Lambeth County Fair almost makes paying fucking council tax agreeable.

sealion and editor like this.
  5. Maharani

I thought Queen Omega was excellent. Missed a load of earlier acts due to idleness!

6. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf Magnum fairy

I think my favourite moment was with dynamicbaddog and Mation listening to Hot 8 brass when two women decided to barge through (we'd just been talking about how/why people choose people to barge in on) and they shot me a furious look cos I hadn't moved and the three of us cracked up and their look was then furious AND confused. Which cracked us up some more - loved being with people who find the fun in events:thumbs:

7. Maharani

Found people up at the main stage to be very respectful. I always feel proud to be a south Londoner when I'm down there. Such a varied mix of races and backgrounds.

Miss-Shelf likes this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

hungry_squirrel and Maharani like this.
  10. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Hardly saw any of it due to idleness and Miss B not liking crowds much.

Didn't get searched at all on Saturday but got searched both times on Sunday and both times found my tinnies and were not bothered by them and let me through.

Did anyone see the fella who bought his cat along?

11. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Yes, saw him with his cat on his shoulder. Cool as fuck. I hope the cat was cool with the myriad of dogs around.

Speaking of which, many fine canines around but there was one in particular who stole the show. A massive, ultra furry one who was pure white in colour. Didn't get to ask its owner what breed it was, but it was lovely. Every single kid (and quite a few grown ups) within sight was drawn to it and kept petting it, which the dog bloody loved :)

Miss-Shelf, Gramsci and Fingers like this.
  12. jimbarkanoodle

i saw that massive dog, it looked like a bloody polar bear!

T & P likes this.
  13. drachir

drachir Well-Known Member

A samoyed maybe? Although they're not *massive*

upload_2017-7-17_20-38-34.png

14. jimbarkanoodle

This one seemed bigger than a large cow, but perhaps i was tripping a bit

Tropi, Miss-Shelf and T & P like this.
  15. Sirena

Sirena Don't monkey with the buzzsaw

I think all they were confiscating was glass (bottles and glasses)......

Fingers likes this.
  16. dbs1fan

dbs1fan Well-Known Member

Thought this year's Show was more like the Shows years ago- not so crowded, more locals than blow - ins, reasonable queues and a great friendly vibe. Even the weather was perfect in not being too hot. Yep, it makes that Council tax almost worth it. Thanks, Editor for great pics

innit, Miss-Shelf and editor like this.
  17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Maybe the 'no cans' warning kept some of the mobs away!

18. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

It looked similar, but this was as big as a St Bernard, only with a lovely thick fur on it.

ETA after looking at your pic again, deffo different breed. The muzzle was shorter and the head bigger and rounder.

19. Gramsci

Gramsci Well-Known Member

I went Sunday. Bumped into a friend of mine. Had some Chucklehead cider. :D. In the queue friend was asking me about whether to have "dry" or the medium sweet or sweet. I'm from Devon. Its "dry" for me. That's the proper stuff. :thumbs:

The "dry" was sweet to me. In Devon its out of of a barrel with bits floating in it. Proper rough. That's cider.:D But I understand outside Devon people won't drink ye olde rough.

Good to see Chucklehead back. Good stuff.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 9:54 PM
  20. Gramsci

I came in the Herne Hill gate. The bag searches were causing a few arguments. PC plod was at a discreet distance. With looks on the faces like they really didn't want to get involved. The bag search was minimal.

21. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

So were the rumours true about the price of it being noticeably higher than in the shops?

I found the prices of some of the booze sold at the Show fairly expensive. But then I suspect those trading inside might have been 'encouraged' to put such price tags on their wares...

22. Gramsci

It was £4.50 a pint. Cheaper if you got the two pint bottle. I came back a second time and think they gave it to me a bit cheaper. Maybe my Devonian accent. Which I've never lost.:):thumbs:

T & P likes this.
  23. jimbarkanoodle

who needs to go to the bar when you have a coolbox and a couple dozen Polish lagers

Gramsci likes this.
  24. Maharani

Was it streetct named Bob from the book and film? Ginger thing with a ginger headed owner?

25. Tropi

Tropi Well-Known Member

I've heard a dick on the 68 yesterday talking about the fair on the phone. Something like 'it's a strange one, mix of music festival with animals and plants so it's difficult to negotiate the space. Not a place where I will bring my kids to'.

Seriously?

26. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf Magnum fairy

:D
    Perfect place to bring kids too

Tropi likes this.