1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lambeth Country Show 2017, 15th-16th July

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Yeah...fuck that shit...they don't man all the gates....so it's just daft...and there's loads of holes in the fences..

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They're also introducing random bag checks so I imagine you'll be fucked if they unearth your monster stash of booze.

Maharani likes this.
  3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

4. Fingers

Fingers From Tuscany SE22

Might be cheaper but i don;t want to drink that crap

Maharani, T & P and Nanker Phelge like this.
  5. jimbarkanoodle

jimbarkanoodle Well-Known Member

if they get shitty with me bringing in booze, and ill visibly be carrying in lots in a coolbox, it will be a simple of case of walking away and trying another entrance, and if worse comes to worse, just pass it over the fence.

im quite angry they are even suggesting that booze is strictly prohibited, do they actually want to scare people into paying £5.50 for a pint of meantime all day long? :rolleyes:

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Maharani likes this.
  7. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

I've just come back from the park and there's a long list of prohibited items on the main gate - alcohol isn't one of them. Talk about mixed messages!

Gramsci, girasol, Maharani and 3 others like this.
  8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Someone added this comment to the Chucklehead article:

Gramsci likes this.
  9. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I might come down tomorrow - I want to check out a film photography co-op in Brixton so it would be silly not to go down to the park as well....

editor likes this.
  10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If pre-show traffic to the Buzz website is anything to go by, this is going to the most popular/busiest Country Show ever.

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Absolute Bowie are on at 2pm on the main stage tomorrow. I normally hate tribute bands but this lot are supposed to be good.

Maharani likes this.
  12. Reiabuzz

Reiabuzz Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that's because the article about the non booze has gone viral on facebook and twitter and loads of people are now boycotting it.

han likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I think you'll find that that's not the only post about the Country Show that has proved popular. I haven't seen any evidence of a mass boycott. Perhaps you could provide it now?

14. Nanker Phelge

Nanker Phelge Monkey Boy

Anyone saying they are boycotting it probably were not going to start with. boycott wankers.

....and they have no rebel spirit, so poo on them from above....

sealion likes this.
  15. han

han brixton hill hobbit

Thanks! Downloaded.
    Looking forward to the Bowie tribute act.
    Also the Hot 8 Brass Band masterclass today which Brixton Brass are going to attend!

Miss-Shelf and Maharani like this.
  16. Maharani

Maharani Just like Heaven

Cos it's fucking rank

Fingers likes this.
  17. keithy

keithy or queefy

It's always said no booze on the website. I doubt they will enforce it aggressively. Can understand no glass rule tho as it is a busy park that needs to be usable after the party ends like.

18. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

editor likes this.
  19. Maharani

Decidedly overcast but good festival weather! Hopefully people will think it'll rain so stay away! Selfish me...I need space to dance.

bimble likes this.
  20. Lizzy Mac

Lizzy Mac Well-Known Member

Rain, I've been expecting you...

21. shakespearegirl

shakespearegirl just worked out taglines

It's confusing. Alcohol isn't listed on the prohibited items page, although glass bottles are. Bringing in Alcohol is only mentioned on the food and drink page.

Went to the lido this morning and there is loads more security than previous years and entrance is restricted to main gates. Security guards were in place at 9.15 when I arrived but they weren't searching people.

Bits of fencing had already been pushed back though and people were sneaking through

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    editor likes this.
  22. sparkybird

sparkybird ask the bird...

I guess the searches are, sadly, not just about booze.....
    Better to be safe though

23. Maharani

Let this be another Glastonbury '95...get the fences down...

han likes this.
  24. Maharani

If anyone gets in before 2pm can they let us know what the queues/security/holes in fences are please?

25. drachir

drachir Well-Known Member

I'm heading at 1:30 so will report back!

editor and Maharani like this.
  26. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Moments away from the South entrance to the park...

27. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Bag checks in operation alright. I had a couple of plastic home brew beers with me and they let me through. However as the bottles did not have labels and didn't look like beer, perhaps that's why I was allowed in.

28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Be good if people could report back on the bag check situation through the day. I'm going up in an hour.

sparkybird likes this.
  29. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I'm seeing prices of £5 for a can of beer, so be inventive in your smuggling efforts or take extra cash out!

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus