Lambeth Council Watch - news and updates about the 'co-operative' council

Discussion in 'Brixton' started by editor, Jan 23, 2018.

1. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

Why is it whining? I'm concerned about the damage poorly sourced journalism can do, and I think it's worthwhile challenging it where I see it. Including lurid allegations of voter suppression with no known basis in reality in your single-sourced articles could be damaging to your reputation as a journalist - but if there is a case to answer, it also allows those who should be answering to brush it off more easily.

Had you stripped out the Lib Dem conspiracy theory and just presented the facts from the press release, would Lambeth Labour be able to call your piece misleading? I don't think so. Would it have been shared all over social media by lib dem activists and viewed a thousand times? Perhaps not - but if you're relying on conspiracy theories to boost your reading figures then we're in a pretty dangerous place.

2. editor

editor Forked with electrons

Good to see that Lambeth have got on the case here

2019-05-14_132101.jpg

3. editor

"In pretty dangerous place." Have you any idea how ridiculous you sound?

It was one, clearly labelled and attributed LibDem post out of 6,407 posts. And I gave the reason why I copy and pasted it.

Moreover, it got the discussion started both on the site and on FB, it informed a lot of people who were perhaps concerned about what was going on, and helped compel Labour to send out clear information about the process.

And your sole practical alternative? Do absolutely fuck all.

That Buzz post has helped inform people in the community. If I had time I would have done it another way, but it was better than nothing, and certainly more use to the community than your endless complaining here.

BusLanes likes this.
  4. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

It was only labelled and attributed after I asked about it on this thread though wasn't it?

5. editor