LaCie Porsche Design 5TB Desktop Drive - £110!

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by editor, May 1, 2018.

1. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

That model 9762 is only 80MB ^^^^

Here's one from 1956:

1681b5b30c3650cacc86036f0041da04.jpg

A massive 5MB of storage.

fucthest8 and farmerbarleymow like this.
  2. 19sixtysix

19sixtysix Life as viewed from a Gay Gorbals Garret

That table is an advert for mirrored raided pairs with different manufacturers drives for each mirror.
    If it's important a single drive is asking for trouble.

3. fucthest8

fucthest8 The rucksack of bollocks that is work.

I think the part of this thread I'm enjoying most is the "which coloured/size box looks best". :D

Fez909 likes this.
  4. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

I dont remember the first hard drive I got to use but I know it was still referred to as a 'Winchester drive' at the time, and likely had a capacity around 20-30MB.

Much, much later I won a 50GB SCSI drive in 1998 or 1999 and it was still a double-height 5.25" drive that weighed shitloads.

5. a_chap

a_chap When the world came apart, where were you?

When I was working as a programmer in the early 80s I had one of the first Winchester drives in the UK, which was 4Mb.

I promptly partitioned it into a 2Mb and two 1Mb logical drives :D

elbows likes this.
  6. a_chap

a_chap When the world came apart, where were you?

Have just replied to the "Revoo" review e-mail. I hope to goodness it gets past their quality-control droids. Even by my feedback standards my review's utter bollocks.

7. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Also, kids today dont know how lucky they are with their tidy pc innards. Because, although admittedly it was only the case for my very first ibm-compatible pc, which had been owned by god knows how many people before me, I remember the days where there wasnt just one ribbon cable connected to internal hard drives, but two.

[​IMG]

existentialist likes this.
  8. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

My PC still looks like I've bundled up a load of cables and just shoved them in there - sure, the cables are narrow now, but it's still spaghetti in there. Not helped by the fact my PC case has a seethrough panel on the side - hahaha :D

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  9. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

That's what my old one was like. The one that @mauvis passed on to be though is immaculate!

10. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  11. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

Pickman's model likes this.