Labour + Anti Semitism

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by cantsin, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

My understanding is that Finkelstein gets a lot of flack because he is so critical of the Israeli state and refuses to yield. Is the suggestion here that he is working with/alongside anti-semetic nutjobs and neo-nazis? Is he being blamed for others' misuse of his work? :hmm:

19force8 likes this.
  2. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Ok, gotcha.

19force8 likes this.
  3. 19force8

19force8 For the avoidance of faith

It is
    He is.

[edited for clarity]

What I couldn't figure out was why a worm like Spedding merited an attack piece in the Jerusalem Post. But then I'm not familiar with that organ's priorities.

Rutita1 likes this.
  4. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Yes that's what I was referring to, the friendly correspondence between Fink and Irving and the popularity of his works on neo-nazi websites, where the full text of the bestseller can be read alongside such classics as The Hoax of the twentieth Century & The International Jew by Ford. . If I feel like getting riled later will come back and post a few of my 'favourite' quotes of his.

5. butchersapron

Talking of McCarthy...classic double smear. Someone nasty has misused his work therefore he's dodgy. And I have some quotes on this here piece of paper.

Classic Bimble.

redsquirrel and Pickman's model like this.
  6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

right. so you're blaming finkelstein for the popularity of his works on neo-nazi websites.

7. bimble

bimble noisy but small

If you want to hero-worship Finkelstein as some truth-to-power renegade go ahead but maybe just pause and consider as an example of his way of carrying on how he treats of the ordeal of the Swiss Banks v the rapacious jews in his book.
    If you have any interest in what actually happened with the Swiss banks (see Volcker Report) and then look at how Finkelstein portrays the whole thing, you will notice that he omits entirely from his book the facts that don't fit his story of the banks as spotless victims of a grave injustice. If you don't know any better you'd believe him that the banks did nothing wrong. "Switzerland was easy prey.. The shakedown of Switzerland and Germany has been only the prelude to the grand finale.."But he's a marxist so its all good yeah.

8. butchersapron

One day you will make a post that doesn't mainly consist of aggressively putting words and positions in others mouths. I'm sure of it.

9. Pickman's model

here we go again. i'm not 'hero-worshipping' him, i'm just expecting you to have a half-arsed go at proving your case. you don't even give a page number for your quote, nor have you given any real substantiation of your claim about irving's correspondence. couldn't you at least try to be honest about what people say instead of making up motivations?

redsquirrel and Humirax like this.
  10. bimble

bimble noisy but small

I can't do this subject without getting really wound up and posting intemperate things in anger so will try to leave everyone else to it.

11. Humirax

Humirax Guest

I'd just like to make it clear that I had no idea about David Irving and Finkelstein, this is news to me and I hope the two are not friends. If it is to be believed that they are though, some evidence is required. And as I say, I am by no means an expert on all this and have not gone into this stuff for years.

Pickman's model and Rutita1 like this.
  12. Humirax

Humirax Guest

David Irving is ofcourse a vile bigot and hate-monger, the man is a piece of shit.

Pickman's model likes this.
  13. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Do you have examples of this? It's a pretty serious claim to leave hanging like that.

Rutita1 likes this.
  14. littlebabyjesus

Intemperate things, or made-up things, like the friendly correspondence you referred to? Before you run off, you need to say what evidence you have for this statement, no? If none, say 'none'.

Rutita1 likes this.
  15. 19force8

To put your mind at ease - here's Finkelstein on Irving:

In case we're getting serious about references

16. Pickman's model

so it's good to know the intemperate things you've posted thus far have been done in a calm and collected fashion.

17. bimble

bimble noisy but small

will do with references when back in later. After that for own sanity will stay out of the topic on here.

18. Rutita1

19. 19force8

You've read the book then.

20. Pickman's model

*taps watch*

19force8 likes this.
  21. Pickman's model

Perhaps bimble will provide the references she doubtless has to substantiate her claim. Cos she wouldn't bullshit us, would she?

22. Rutita1

J Ed and littlebabyjesus like this.
  23. littlebabyjesus

Shameless, isn't it? Aimed firmly at those who are not familiar with Finkelstein's work or arguments. Anyone who is would find the idea that he's a friend of Irving laughable.

The Pale King, J Ed and Rutita1 like this.
  24. Rutita1

It takes a special kind of coward to be that shameless I think.

littlebabyjesus likes this.
  25. littlebabyjesus

Yep. Shameless and spineless. Unable to counter the actual things he says, you just make shit up and denounce him for that.

26. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Grynsteyn. :)

MadeInBedlam likes this.
  27. butchersapron

OK - right she'll be back in a sec with a bit of paper full of names, no not names quotes.

28. ViolentPanda

Freedland not only misquoted him, he entirely misrepresented him. Freedland has form as long as his journalistic career for doing so in order to build a story.

Sue, J Ed and Rutita1 like this.
  29. ViolentPanda

a la Goebbels. Go for the big lie.

littlebabyjesus likes this.
  30. Rutita1

Yeah...I wanted to add misrepresented to that post but someone quoted it before I could.

Interestingly in his JC article he regrets alikening NGF to a nazi but says nothing of basically lying about what he had written. He dresses the lie up in disgust and again repeats it.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/columnists/don-t-play-the-nazi-card-1.57727