La Liga 2018-2019

Discussion in 'football' started by Favelado, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

Rayo Vallecano are back in La Primera - and from 135 quid you can get a season ticket at a raucous left-wing club in a working class neighbourhood, and even see Lionel Messi play*. Cheaper than Dulwich Hamlet (170 quid upwards), and not just pretending to be working class either. The real deal. Great stuff.

The World Cup has seen tectonic plates starting to shift in the Spanish League. CR7 dumped Madrid on the pitch 20 seconds after the final whistle blew in the CL final and has done one to Juventus. It feels weird that he's gone. A bit like when Thatcher resigned and it then took a few months to sink in. Will they spunk a billion on a couple of players to cheer themselves up? Over in Barna, Messi should still still have yet another enormous season in him, but he too might start to fade as age takes its toll. Neither Barça nor Madrid look especially strong. Could Simeone stare and seethe his way to this year's title? Or will the last drop of juice be wrung out that orange too? He's been there for a very long time for a manager in Spain now. How long can it all last?

The only thing we can say for sure, is that a pirate's life is the best one...

*once

sealion likes this.
  2. J Ed

J Ed Follow Back Pro Expropriation

3. S☼I

S☼I it's my room get out

Rumour is that Arturo Vidal is off to Barca from Bayern. Always liked him. When he's on it he's a class act.

4. Favelado

He's signed already. He is great on his day.

S☼I likes this.
  5. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Yup Simeone's best opportunity for a few years. Gelson is a smart signing quick, dribbles well and will benefit from playing in a more disciplined unit .

6. Favelado

They have signed Lemar too, who was of interest to a lot of the PL big boys. Worth noting Atleti are in a 68000 seater stadium now and have been a top side for several seasons now. Only City were better than them from the PL last season.