1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

La Liga 2015-2016

Discussion in 'football' started by Favelado, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Favelado

Favelado The Perfect Kiss

Rayo went two up against Real Madrid this afternoon, before going down in true Rayito style - conceding a third in the last ten minutes after a horrific defensive error.

Nonetheless, another memorable day out in ValleKas with an even better atmosphere than in previous weeks. I don't think there were more than 30 quiet seconds in the whole of the first half, with all 3 (!) sides of the stadium really getting into it. I enjoyed a moment in one of the chants when most Rayo fans turned to the Madrid away support and shouted "FASCISTS GET OUT OF OUR BARRIO". Admittedly, lots of people did leave after Madrid's third went in, but no-one's perfect all the time.

I have fancied a fellow Rayo fan all of this season. She sits near me but we've never spoken before. We hugged when when Rayo scored today. Shortly after, I abandoned my seat in all the chaos to go and sit on the adjacent concrete step where I go when I feel anxious. She came over and sat next to me on the step and we started chatting, and I got the feeling she might like me. Will this turn into Rayista love or am I imagining things?
    Rayo still fighting to stay up but I think they deserve it, and that they are good enough.

Atleti need to score right this very minute to keep the pressure up on Barça and Madrid. Barça play tonight and the title race tension keeps building.

E2A- RE post 59 - Neymar is rumoured to be pissing off Barça's board and teammates with his lifestyle, if AS has got it right. I don't know if it's been sorted out now but I did think something of this nature might be what was causing the recent form problems. There is a history of Brazilian players at RM and Barça failing to balance their partying with their training and it wouldn't be a surprise if it was true in Neymar's case.

Fez909 likes this.
  2. Favelado

It's the last weekend of the La Liga season. Barça or Madrid can still win the title and at the other end of the table Rayo, Sporting and Getafe are fighting for their survival.

Questions.

Rayo need a win against already-relegated Levante and some luck elsewhere to survive. Can they do it? Estadio de Vallecas will be absolutely rocking but will there be tears at the end of the game? It's my last chance to get my crush's phone number before the end of the season. Imagine she doesn't renew her season ticket or moves seats. Will I succeed?

Answers

1900 on Sunday.

Fez909 and sealion like this.
  3. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Thanks for the updates and good luck on both fronts.:thumbs:

Favelado likes this.
  4. Favelado

Sunday's going to be a really exciting day whichever end of the table you're most interested in. Worth following if you can.

5. sealion

Will Villareal put up a fight against Gijon? they have gone off the boil recently.

6. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Portugese League is also a bit of a nail biter. Benfica win and the league is theirs. Draw or lose and if Sporting win its Sportings title .

7. Favelado

Well, it depends whether suitcases full of money are changing hands as usual.
    Real Madrid will be paying Granada's players a fortune to try and get them to get a result.

8. sealion

I heard about Madrid paying the Granada players an "incentive" to try.:D They are unbeaten at home in six a scoring a few,should Barca be worried?

9. Favelado

Would a free Ferrari make you run faster?

10. The39thStep

Isn't it more of the case that Barca can't afford Neymars wage demands in a testing economic climate when there are mandatory wage increases amongst other members of the squad?

11. Favelado

If you know something I don't then maybe. I think he'll stay and get paid more. Barça always get the cash from somewhere. Somewhere being a Catalan bank.

T & P, sealion and The39thStep like this.
  12. sealion

Only if i was chasing it.:D

Favelado likes this.
  13. The39thStep

I read somewhere he's on just short of 80k a week which is about the same as Jonjo Shelvey at Newcastle. His agent was demanding five times as much which clearly won't be met but any increase has to suit both him, not be enough for other players ie Suarez and Messi to see it as encroaching on their differential and somehow the club have to keep within their current wages cap . Currently that is 421k and the current wage bill is 419k.
    As you say where there is a will there is a way.

sealion likes this.
  14. Favelado

I reckon he'll get minimum of 300k a week. About the going rate for a player like him at Barça/Madrid now.

15. sealion

Madrid 1 nil up after 9 minutes, Barca goalless at the mo.

16. sealion

Madrid 2 up now,Barca have just scored so 1-0 them.

17. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

#38 for Suarez, quite impressive.

18. sealion

It is and he has kept Messi quiet with only 26 league goals.:D Ronaldo has scored twice today so far taking him to 35.

19. sealion

Barca 2 up Suarez again.

20. Favelado

The technical level of La Liga has been excellent this season. So often I read rubbish about how most La Liga teams couldn't cut it in the Premier League.

Truth is probably the other way round.

sealion likes this.
  21. The39thStep

Apart from Gary Nevilles Valencia

Favelado likes this.
  22. sealion

Barca 3-0 Suarez hatrick.

23. belboid

40. That's just showing off.

24. belboid

England's 7th team beat Spain's 4th, you may remember.

Favelado likes this.
  25. Favelado

Meaningless.

26. belboid

:hmm:

27. Favelado

Felicitats to Barça for being better at football and marginally less annoying than Madrid.

28. sealion

They couldn't beat 2 of 3 relegated prem teams at home. They conceded 5 away at Newcastle and Watford without reply.

29. belboid

I can't remember the Villareal - Watford game

30. sealion

Whats your point?