1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

La Liga 2015-2016

Discussion in 'football' started by Favelado, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Favelado

Favelado The Perfect Kiss

Barça twatted by Celta, who are having a second excellent season after coming up from the second division. Barcelona had started the season looking very strong so a real shock. News of Celta goals cheered enthusiastically during last night's Rayo game - a popular chant in Vallecas sometimes being "We've have it up to here with Barça and Madrid". Former Liverpool corner taker Iago Aspas scored two and Celta go above Barça and are second in the league!

Madrid go top after winning a difficult away game against Athletic Club - Celta second - Villareal making a comeback in third and Atleti in fourth.

Valencia and Sevilla are not living up to expectations. Valencia have one just one and Sevilla are rock bottom of the league after failing to win any of their first five games. Eibar and Rayo seventh and eighth and doing very well considering they have NO money.

2. mack

mack Fact Me Till I Fart

Watched the game last night and Celta were playing some lovely stuff - never gave Barca a chance..as for Aspas - well fuck me he took his goals well :D

3. Favelado

Only just seen the Aspas goals. Fucking hell! Quality stuff.

4. Favelado

Barça lost again yesterday but I still think they'll get in their stride, even without Messi, in the coming weeks. Maybe another hiccup or two to come but I think Madrid will go through some dodgy patches too.

Rayo lost at home to a Betis side happy to soak up predictable attacks and then strike incisively on the break. Manucho played the way he always does; like a big wardrobe seemingly being pushed around the pitch at random, the ball bouncing off him harmlessly.

Home fans felt a bit jittery as enthusiastic Betis supporters jumping up and down caused stand to move around far more than you'd think was safe. I think that needs looking at as it didn't feel normal to anyone there.

Madrid derby tonight should be plenty of goals and plenty of yellow cards. Worth watching. A win for Atleti being preferable of course.

5. Favelado

Oh hi Stanley Edwards

Typically eventful Rayo game - early goals and a red card with Rayo clinging on for the win. Toño off on a stretcher at the end. Weird, divided atmosphere at the ground. Bukaneros refusing to sing in protest at their treatment by club and league. Oddly, most chants are now started by an eleven year old child in our stand - he has become the most important person in the ground in recent weeks - except for the guy who does air guitar to ACDC at half-time of course.

So, it's not as raucous as usual and I think this might be a permanent change, but it's still a decent way to spend an evening.

Fez909 and Riklet like this.
  6. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards Food please.

Difficult to imagine how Granada will stay up this season. They had no right to survive last season. I'll miss them hosting the likes of Barca, Real and Atletico etc, but a drop will do no real harm - they will at least have something a bit more to play for!

The horrible Villa/Granada correlation seems to be happening again. Villa bottom and just Levante keeping Granada from foot of the table. I do actually have very good hopes for Villa against Man City today. We seriously worried Spurs last week. A team full of inexperience, but also full of huge ambition. I suspect today will turn Villa's season.

Granada??? Perhaps they will get away with it again. Spanish football is actually that openly corrupt. Spoils and intrigues at the same time.

Favelado likes this.
  7. mack

mack Fact Me Till I Fart

Neymar...holy shit :eek:

Favelado likes this.
  8. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

Looks like Moyes will be gone by later today....back in the hotel presumably. Expected to be announced later.

11 wins out of 38 games n got nowhere with Europe yet.

Dunno who can do much better tho?

9. Favelado

Wish I lived in a hotel in San Sebastian.

I reckon Moyes will still end up with a Premier League gig as a result of an upcoming sacking. He looks perfect for Villa but he's just missed that window.

10. Favelado

Neymar's goal.

11. big eejit

big eejit She looks like Alan Gilzean

12. Favelado

13. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

So Zidane takes over and Bale gets a hat trick, only player to do 2 in the season so far (Messi got his first one today too), a turning point?

14. Favelado

I don't think so. Barça have Turan playing now and Madrid are inevitably going to turn the odd team over at home. They won 10-2 the other week. They were never in crisis, they've just got dicks for players and dicks for fans.
    Zidane will be gone within 2 years. The same old merry-go-round.

mack likes this.
  15. Favelado

Bukaneros have put out a statement saying that they'll be back for tomorrow's home game against Celta (which kicks off at 10.05pm for some mad reason). Rayo are suffering at the bottom end of the Primera table and need all the help they can get.

I shall be accompanied by fellow guiri Urb Riklet for this one and feel victory is inevitable.

Lo Siento. likes this.
  16. leanderman

leanderman Street Party: July 2

As long as two years?

17. Favelado

Just maybe. The players might not undermine him as they did with Mourinho and Benitez as even Ronaldo is awestruck by him.

leanderman likes this.
  18. Favelado

Well, an excellent and very raucous night in Vallecas last night. The return of Bukaneros and subsequently shouty stadium managed to wake Rayo up and push them on to a 3-0 win against Celta.

Barça just about managed a win away at Malaga after a first half considered by Lucho (Luis Enrique) to be their worst of the season. Atleti needed a win but only managed a goalless draw against Sevilla. Bellends Madrid will be playing later on tonight, but can't go top. Ronaldo is presumably in a fucking massive mood after having it confirmed that he isn't the most expensive player of all time.

Threshers_Flail likes this.
  19. Favelado

20. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop......Hammertime

Fair play to Bale, just scored his 43rd goal in 76 matches for Real, smashing Lineker's La Liga record by a good 30 games :eek:

21. Favelado

They don't know what to do with Bale. He's quite popular but they're thinking of selling him because they're worried about how often he gets injured. It'll be interesting to see what happens at Madrid at the end of the season. Will things trundle along for another year or are we looking at a change of president and a clean-out of players? Even Marca and AS acknowledge that the club is heading totally in the wrong direction, doesn't have a real plan, is being shown up by Barça, and has spoilt, petulant players.

The thing they can't change is the fans. At most clubs, you feel sorry for them or at least can't directly blame them for the club's woes. At Madrid it's THEIR fault. The booing when they go in 1-0 up at half-time, the whistling when someone plays badly for ten minutes, the stupid attitude they have towards almost every aspect of the game and what they wrongly believe the club stands for - it's down to them and it directly affects everything else.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Riklet likes this.
  22. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

Well Barca fucked that up in the second half!

Top goals by RM tho, I'll give them that.

23. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Has anyone tested Ronaldo for steroids? :hmm:

[​IMG]

24. Favelado

Bale magically bulked up after arriving at Madrid too. Dodgy.

25. Favelado

A bit of an update as I continue to talk to myself on this thread. I want to be Urban's Sid Lowe, but I have neither the talent nor the salary.

So, we have entered exciting times in the world's most skillful association football competition.

¡Hay liga! Madrid and Atleti now very much back in it after Barça lost away in San Sebastián tonight, and the title could be heading abroad to Catalonia or either side of the Manzanares River here in Madriz.

While the Premier League seems destined to write the most exciting story of 2016, either with an incredible East Midlands fairytale or mass collective Islington suicide, La Liga might push it close. All three contenders are world-beaters when in form, and we could see things concluded on the last day.

At the other end of the table (let's call it the cool end), Rayo are just hovering above the relegation places after winning a 6-pointer against Getafe the week before last. A great night in Vallecas with plenty of the usual random shouting, chanting, smells of dubious substances, and a rousing rendition of the call-and-response "La Vida Pirata" lock-in celebration (see below).

As I've said many times before, 200 euros for a season ticket there must be one of the best football bargains to be found in Europe. Cheap, fun, loud, working class and left-wing, and actually quite good at football as long as they're going forward and not doing any defending.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Lo Siento., sealion, Riklet and 2 others like this.
  26. Favelado

Oh, and Fez909 came to the match too. I mean, what more could you want?

sealion, Fez909 and Riklet like this.
  27. Riklet

Riklet procrastinación

Will be getting my carné for next season definitely ;)

28. goldenecitrone

goldenecitrone ubi sunt

Barcelona 0-2 down at half-time to Valencia. Athletico Madrid won 3-0 and have the same number of points now. The race for La Liga got interesting.

29. Favelado

Look what happens when you sack a gobby pundit and put someone who knows what they're doing in charge. Ayesteran is very clued up and not surprised he's made an impact at Valencia already.

Barça in freefall. I wonder if there are some major ego problems in the dressing room. Messi isn't the little angel he was 5 years' ago, Neymar plays up and Suarez is Suarez. Something's going on there.

Rayo beat Villareal, and I can tell you that if the Yellow Submarine go to Anfield playing like that, they'll get fucking smashed.

Rayo half-safe to stay up after and excellent victory and a storming atmosphere in the ground again. Very impressive stuff.

Fez909 and sealion like this.
  30. Favelado

There was an interesting article in AS or Marca (can't remember which and they're the same anyway) this morning about the Madrid vs. Wolfsburg game. Apparently 1500 whistles were handed out before the game. This is is interesting in a number of ways.

1. It created such a din that many people complained of going home with ear pain and/or headaches.
    2. It's possible the club were behind it, which may be a bit dodgy.
    3. It's so telling about Real Madrid really is. You've got a key CL game that requires crowd noise and an atmosphere. At Dortmund or Liverpool, fan groups mobilise to make sure that there is the biggest shouty crowd row possible. This would also be true of any club worth their salt. Not Madrid though. Think about what it says about a club's DNA when your reaction to such an occasion is not to make sure you can get behind your team as fervently as possible. but to concoct the nastiest, whingy din possible for the visitors. Real Madrid really are world moaning and whistling champions. What a bunch of utter cunts if this turns out to be club-sanctioned.