1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

La Liga 2015-2016

Discussion in 'football' started by Favelado, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Favelado

Favelado The Perfect Kiss

Hello there,

It's summertime and the living is easy. AS and Marca are linking Real Madrid to everyone from a 17 week Brazilian foetus to your best mate's nan. Cristiano is sitting on a beach with his pretend girlfriend explaining to her that I am better than him, I am, I just am. She says of course you are darling before replaying 6 Messi goals in her head and thinking bollocks you are
    Meanwhile, Diego Simeone doesn't believe in holidays and is dressed completely in black, a huge crucifix swinging around his neck, staring into a mirror and without blinking for 8 hours at a time. Intense.

Barça look like fairly strong favourites to win the league with the strongest attacking line up I've ever seen in my life.
    Benítez at Madrid could go either way. Their squad is almost as outrageously talented at Barça's but any teething troubles as the new manager/formation settle down could quickly lead to press campaigns, whistling and booing from their idiot fans, and all the other associated mierda that madridismo doesn't understand it really is.

The battle for third place will be very interesting as Sevilla and Valencia are much stronger than they have been for a while. We've got 5 strong teams in La Liga now, and this might mean that everyone drops a few more points.

I'll be supporting Rayo Vallecano again who have started off the season with some customary excellence (see below). Their annual turnover is about the same as Cristiano's (he's not Ronaldo, I refuse to call him that) wages for a year and a season ticket is about the same as one at lower league bourgoise love-in Dulwich Hamlet, so let's see if they can pull off another miracle and stay up again this year.

¡A las aaaaarmas!

rayokit.jpg

Lo Siento. likes this.
  2. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Nice kits ^ :thumbs:

Have just seen Valencia's transfers so far: they're not messing about are they?

João Cancelo PERMANENT from Benfica - € 15m
    Alvaro Negredo PERMANENT from Manchester City - € 30m
    Rodrigo PERMANENT from Benfica - € 30m
    Yoel PERMANENT from Celta Vigo - € 2m
    Santi Mina PERMANENT from Celta Vigo - € 10m
    Andre Gomes PERMANENT from Benfica - € 15m
    Zakaria Bakkali PERMANENT from PSV - Free

Favelado likes this.
  3. Lo Siento.

Lo Siento. Second As Farce

Got themselves a major backer, I believe.

4. Lo Siento.

Rayo will be needing a new team again... Leo Baptistao, Alberto Bueno and Gael Kakuta all gone :(

5. Favelado

They were everything to the team last year. It's always seat of the pants stuff. Bueno was one of the best strikers in La Liga in the second half of last season. Kakuta is class and has a bright future ahead of him.

6. Lo Siento.

He does. Probably not quite good enough for that future to be at Chelsea.

I'm surprised there was no interest from premier league clubs for Bueno tbh...

I noticed that Lica & Manucho are also gone. But that we've signed Bebe (yes the man u one)

7. Favelado

Munucho was awful, truly awful but had acquired cult hero status.

I thought Bueno would be a good buy for quite a big Premier League club. He's good enough for a top 10 English side.

8. Lo Siento.

Yeah, highest scoring Spaniard in La Liga I think, and from midfield too. Someone will end up paying Porto serious money for him next summer...

9. Favelado

"Un club señor" they like to say. The truth is somewhat different.

Madridismo - it's not what it thinks it is.

A typically strong article by Sid Lowe on Iker Casillas's treatment by the club, and his departure.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/12/iker-casillas-real-madrid-la-liga-porto

10. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Is it actually possible to be more wrong than Perez has down the years, without descending into surrealism?

Del Bosque? Rubbish. Casillas? Never rated him. Makelele? Get rid of him, we will win more with Beckham. Ancelotti? Good Lord no, now where is that man Benitez?

Favelado likes this.
  11. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Benitez is certainly an interesting choice , highly experienced coach at top flight level but somewhat of a nearly man. Pros: tactically good, his teams are usually hard to beat Cons: terrible at substitutions that change the game . In his favour despite the English news paper talk Bale is going no where but are their question marks about Benzemas future. Strong squad imo.

12. Favelado

Didi Hamman.

13. The39thStep

One out of 747

14. Favelado

You called him a nearly man too. He won La Liga with Valencia - the only guy to break the Spanish duopoly apart from Simeone in recent years. He won the Champion's League too. He's done fine.

15. The39thStep

He may well have done fine and I was one of the few Chelsea supporters that think he did fine at Chelsea but compared to his peers his record isn't that good. I wish him well at Real Madrid but tbh Liverpool is more of his level.

16. Favelado

Worth remembering that Liverpool did the double over Real Madrid when he was manager. That was his level. Sorry you're a Chelsea fan, can't be nice.

17. agricola

They have a great squad, if it wasnt for Barcelona having a much better one they would walk the league.

18. Favelado

Barça's squad has the best attacking line up, but Madrid's overall squad isn't far off. They have Isco and James sitting on the bench half the time. Criminal really.

19. Favelado

Did you SEE that?

Athletic Club's goal vs Barça

40 yarder

agricola and Fez909 like this.
  20. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

imposs1904 and Favelado like this.
  21. Favelado

Feisty, fast and Barça all wobbly. Great game.

22. Favelado

Athletic 3 up!

23. Favelado

24. agricola

A scoreline that restores a little bit of ones faith in humanity.

25. Favelado

Its not like the old days.

26. agricola

the Butcher was a man ahead of his time

27. Favelado

So, the season's here. Rayo will be stuffed at home by Valencia tonight. Kick off time an amazing 1030pm. Well done to the Spanish League there. Crazy planning.

28. Lo Siento.

Our first XI against Valencia looked very weak. Manucho and Bebe, ffs.

29. Favelado

Rayo played well. Very similar to the first game of last season. Up against a big club, close at both ends but came away 0-0. I think it bodes well for the season. Lass played well. Looking forward to more of that

Manucho is SHIT and missed a sitter. I'll grant you that. Anyone else would be better than him up front. I've seen him miss from two yards on a dozen occasions now.

Toño a contender for save of the season already.

Madrid is still at the beach so just under 10,000 not a bad crowd for last night.

I'm going to try and do a decent weekly Spanish football round up. I dunno, I'm basically writing to myself on here but might be nice to do.

30. Favelado

Lo Siento. likes this.