La Grand Boucle (Tour De France) 2019

Discussion in 'general sports' started by hash tag, Jun 26, 2019.

1. hash tag

hash tag member

So it's off to Brussel's for the grand depart of 6th July :) Will a Frenchman get it this year? Froome and Dumoulin out, Thomas in but form not brilliant and that recent crash. Alaphilippe perhaps?

A linky or two: Official website of Tour de France 2019
    how to watch How to watch the Tour de France - free live streams from anywhere | Cyclingnews.com

This is very unclear; it mentions 2019 once or twice, complete with times and dates but also mentions 2017 :confused: I assume it'll be on live TV schedule: When to watch Le Tour 2019 live on ITV4

[​IMG]
    Sadly, I can't make it this year.

Fez909, Hollis and souljacker like this.
  2. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

I've literally no interest in cycle racing but I love watch it for the aerial shots of French countryside.

dfm, Fez909, hot air baboon and 2 others like this.
  3. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

They don't even try to cycle 'around france' do they :D

sleaterkinney and High Voltage like this.
  4. hash tag

hash tag member

If it gets you watching, hey. For best shots best watched live, not highlights. Besides, we all like a little climb.

Stage 12, Thursday 18th July
    [​IMG]
    Stage 14, Saturday 20th
    [​IMG]

Stage 15, Sunday 21st
    [​IMG]
    Stage 18, Thursday 25th
    [​IMG]

5. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Yep. I’ve probably said this on every Tour thread for the last three or four years but gained an interest when we drove to Finisterre in 2015 which included an extended stay in the Pyrenees on much of the more interesting (scenery and climb wise) tour routes often used. We camped at Bagnères-de-Bigorre and drove up a lot of the big climbs. Like this one. You get an idea of how high up it is by looking at that tiny village below, which is part of the route too.

FEF80288-B6B1-4D56-B305-A04C1F3941DA.jpeg

hot air baboon and hash tag like this.
  6. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Richie Porte looks to have very long odds. I've not seen him this year, so is his form/team shit? I know he didn't ride the Giro.

7. hash tag

hash tag member

Ports was indifferent in dauphine

8. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

I'm hoping for a Fuglsang victory but it will be marred in certain quarters because Vino told the team to attack when an Ineos rider was having a piss/mechanical/fall. About time we had some real excitement in the yellow jersey competition.

9. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

Bernal seems like the obvious favourite this year.

Hollis likes this.
  10. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

Cracking roster line up - TdF prestige but with injuries meaning Giro/Vuelta levels of the big guns stepping aside to give everyone else a go (Froomes recent readiness aside) and maybe not a daily Ineos train?

Will be interested to see how well Bernal does. Still can't quite believe G won last year tbh, can't imagine lightening will strike twice and he'll be able to stay upright for 3 whole weeks again.

Strong Rouleur field: Van Aert, GVA, Kwia, Sagan and Alaphalippe. Hopefully they duke it out in a few stages.

Calling it now: A French rider on GC gets a controversial call in his favour [/mysticmeg]. This is as good a chance they'll get...

Decent weekend scheduling too :thumbs:

11. beesonthewhatnow

Don’t forget the conveniently placed French TV motorbikes... ;) :D

12. hash tag

hash tag member

13. Sprocket.

Sprocket. I am just waiting for the next tomato..

I would love to see Romain Bardet win this year, he promises so much, but it’s the team to support him that counts. Though Bernal is looking the favourite at the moment.

14. hash tag

hash tag member

A Frenchman. Win Le Tour. Whatever next.

Sprocket. likes this.
  15. Sprocket.

Sprocket. I am just waiting for the next tomato..

Cav’s out I heard on the radio. I’m in Greece so no link available at moment.

16. beesonthewhatnow

Yeah, not picked by his team.

Sad, but going on results so far this season probably the right call.

17. hash tag

hash tag member

That is sad. Still, what's the point if he has not got the form

18. hash tag

hash tag member

He was struggling in the run up to his sickness. Will he make it back, Will he become a pundit instead?

19. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Going to Paris for the finale. But disappointrd that the caravan doesnt give away freebies in the city! ☹️. It would have made the inevitable hrs of standing round waiting more bearable if ickle 27 could have hit his hands on free stuff!

Badgers likes this.
  20. Ted Striker

It does on the route :hmm: I'm trying to remember tbh...Maybe it doesn't?:oops:

21. Ted Striker

^Love the italicised smiley (from your phone!?) :D

22. hash tag

hash tag member

More time for hanging around bars drinking :thumbs:

23. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

He couldn't win a sprint at the Tour de Yorkshire...

24. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

25. hash tag

hash tag member

26. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

It goes past the Lions Mound on the site of Waterloo battlefield. :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  27. hash tag

hash tag member

I'm feeling like it could be a good open race this year as there is no clear favourite that I can see. Presentation tonight, start tomorrow. :)

Badgers likes this.
  28. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Here we go :thumbs:

Badgers likes this.
  29. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Good to have it on council telly. Been watching some on the ITV Hub app while travelling and the stream is decent.

Maggot likes this.
  30. beesonthewhatnow

GCN have launched a new channel, specifically for racing. Will be showing a highlights package each day.