Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Klopptimist Prime - Liverpool FC 2019/20

cybershot

It’s kind of a shame. I really wanted us to try and win all 3 this season. I guess kloppo just doesn’t feel the squad has the legs but with league pretty much in the bag it’s worth the risk. Imo.

N_igma

Epistemic nuisance
Will Jones and Elliot etc still play though? I know a few were taken to Qatar but situation here is different. They don’t play in first team often so maybe there’ll be a similar team to tonight? You never know, at Anfield with crowd at our backs anything can happen.

Then again, I think Shrewsbury deserved to go through tonight so wouldn’t begrudge them either way.

friedaweed

Climbing up the aerial
It’s kind of a shame. I really wanted us to try and win all 3 this season. I guess kloppo just doesn’t feel the squad has the legs but with league pretty much in the bag it’s worth the risk. Imo.
I think it's about flogging the players like race horses more than anything else and he's right to take a stand on it. For sure it's a bit of an ivory tower position to do it from but it does need doing.

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Fell asleep :facepalm: just before the first goal. Another win/clean sheet and away from home is good. 70 points is very good. Was hoping for a few more goals against the beleaguered Hammers really :D

friedaweed

Climbing up the aerial
19 points clear....you have to think...
I have a very good friend who goes to all home matches and she won't even think of such things until the line is crossed.
Best to all of you, it's been a long time coming :rolleyes:
You daren't. ;)

Apparently theres a few Evertonians running around with slide rules trying to see what it would take for Liverpool to win it when we play them on the 16th of March. Not because they don't want us to win it at their gaff but to see how much they can get for their tickets. :)

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
No deadline day signings? #kloppout :mad:

Oh well, Southampton tomorrow. They are on a good run at the moment but playing them at Anfield it should be a win. Ings better not get any ideas :mad:

Klopp on Ings :cool:
Even if he is not anymore, he is still ‘our boy’, kind of, and we all follow each step of his career.

Last edited:

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Today's win means that Liverpool have taken 100 points from their last available 102 in the Premier League.

Roberto Firmino with more assists in one game than Jesse lingard in 18 months.

:cool:

Great (second half) result that. Should be able to have four man of the match awards!

Southampton played well despite the scoreline.

IMG_20200201_171357.jpg

Last edited:

Badgers

Mr Big Shrimp!
Liverpool have won 16 consecutive games in the Premier League. The record is 18 for Man City.

Liverpool have also won 20 consecutive Premier League home games, which is tied (also Citeh) for the most.

Next 3 PL games:
Norwich (A)
West Ham (H)
Watford (A)

Last edited:

tommers

Not just a little bit of a slag, but a total slag.
My son: who do you want to win? Liverpool or Man City?

Me: neither really.

Him: you've got to feel for Liverpool though, they're the underdogs

Me: they spent 80 million on a defender, they're not underdogs

Him: yeah but they've never won anything before.

Voley

AManWithaMulletGoingMadWithaMalletInMillets
Listened to it on the radio then watched MOTD highlights. General consensus was that Southampton were the better side first half. Klopp is saying we're far from perfect. And we still won 4 nil. This is the best Liverpool side I've seen since the one that beat Palace nine nil. Ian Rush-era. Absolutely fucking incredible.