Klopptimist Prime - Liverpool FC 2019/20

Discussion in 'football' started by S☼I, Jun 2, 2019.

1. S☼I

S☼I bullshit bullshit my line

He's transformed this club, that's for sure.

But what now? How to strengthen a team that's just won the Champion's League?

I think Sturridge has to leave, and possibly Lallana, Moreno and Lovren. So we'll need cover for Robbo at left back (Gomez is fine at right back if needed).

I'd like to see us get a striker who can play anywhere across the front three, a big name like Dybala. And pull out all the stops to get De Ligt to gradually become VVD's partner.

Other than I'm a bit stumped :D

As for predictions - we'll go very close in the league again and be among the CL contenders.

2. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

Quality title.

No thoughts on next season, happily wallowing in last night for the next week I think.

harpo, S☼I and Badgers like this.
  3. S☼I

I know, but I wanted to start the thread before anyone else cos I've done it since Klopp came :D

steveo87 and Badgers like this.
  4. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Think I agree with the players leaving. Klopp has quite the soft spot for Lallana :hmm: but can't see him adding much. Guess Mignolet will probably go too.

De Ligt would be a great addition to the team/squad and I understand he is quite buddy with VVD so that may swing it. However Utd and other teams are in the market for him and will be trying a lot harder. Same for Dybala I would guess?

The advantage LFC have is that (compared to Utd and some of the other 'big European' clubs) there is a very cohesive squad, the club is poised to challenge/win more titles next season and players will want to join Klopp.

Hearing lots of rumour as usual. Fekir being mentioned again :hmm: but not sure they need him unless at a very good price.

Pickman's model and S☼I like this.
  5. blairsh

blairsh Kill me now

This.

Pickman's model, Badgers and S☼I like this.
  6. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Can’t see many new signings unless there’s a bargain to be had somewhere in the shaq/Robertson vain.

Think klopp has a lot of faith in brewster so cant see a new forward signing. He’ll be the one promoted upwards from studge leaving.

Same for a lot of the other academy players. More likely to see some promotions from those ranks than new signings I think.

Badgers and S☼I like this.
  7. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

8. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Reading the press it does sound a bit more likely (as it ever is) that Liverpool are after de Ligt. Hopefully Anfield will be a more interesting prospect than Utd or Barca who seem to be the other two main suitors.

Understand Mbappe had put in a transfer request :hmm: doubt LFC would be paying that sort of money :D

9. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

THE JOY OF SECHS was the correct thread title.

Badgers likes this.
  10. S☼I

I did consider Sechsy Football but y'know. Maybe next year. Or Sieben something else.

Badgers and Favelado like this.
  11. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

Hoping the "Anfield - Theatre of Reality" banner makes a reappearance this year.

12. steveo87

steveo87 Procrastinating for....a while

Badgers likes this.
  13. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

:hmm:

14. S☼I

No idea why Mo would want to leave

Badgers likes this.
  15. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

The google translate of that article is hilarious. And doesn't include one word about Mo actually wanting to/being at all interested in leaving

16. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

17. S☼I

Like I said. Why would he want to leave? :)

Badgers likes this.
  18. S☼I

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if he left having won the league or getting a bit older, 28/29 years old, but the only people leaving LFC this close season will be those not getting a game or players for the future going out on loan.

Badgers likes this.
  19. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Mbappe?

:D

No chance of course. Sounds like De Ligt was ruled out due to wage demands rather than transfer free. His demands would have made the highest paid player :facepalm: no doubt Mbappe will want more.

20. S☼I

If De Ligt is off to Paris for money rather than learn alongside VVD then y'know, bon chance

Badgers likes this.
  21. S☼I

Still hopeful on Dybala but with a new manager going in at Juve he might be persuaded to stay.

Bottom line is we don't really NEED a big signing, just more talented squad players to challenge for a place. The improvement Matip made in the second half of the season for instance means a partner for VVD isn't a priority like it was start of last season.

Badgers likes this.
  22. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Yeah. Shame really but there it is. If you had the chance to play alongside VVD under Klopp for a few years at his age it would seem a golden chance.

Will have to get another Andy Robertson for £8m or another Milner for free :thumbs:

S☼I likes this.
  23. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

They will make a few signings for sure. It would be good to have some more depth in squad as well as keeping players working harder to hold on to positions.

Looking forward to seeing more of Keita and the Ox for sure.

S☼I likes this.
  24. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Anyway...

Screenshot_2019-06-13-12-23-41-785_com.android.chrome.jpg

Not a bad set of opening fixtures there. Home game against Norwich is a nice start to the campaign.

Also home to Arsenal :thumbs: plus two winnable (on paper) away games.

S☼I likes this.
  25. S☼I

Indulge me a while.

First team - price paid - current value I'm guessing at

Alisson 67/80
    Trent 0/50
    Robbo 8/40
    VVD 75/100
    Matip 0/25
    Fabinho 39/50
    Hendo 20/40
    Gini 23/50
    Bobby 29/75
    Mane 34/100
    Mo 37/150

Badgers likes this.
  26. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Probably close. There is a couple of websites that track player vabues based on stats, age, etc.

I think Robertson is worth a little more than £40m.

In fact if £80m is being bandied about for Harry Maguire (admittedly a CB) then all our defence is worth more :hmm: maybe that Maguire price is falsely inflated due to Utd desperation.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  27. S☼I

I guess what a player is worth and what he'll sell for depends on a lot of things, not least what a team is prepared to pay to make sure of the deal.

Badgers likes this.
  28. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

29. S☼I

Lol.

On that topic, what about the new away kit? Looks very Spurs to me. Smart enough but I don't like it for our away kit.

Badgers likes this.
  30. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

Not a big fan. I like/liked the purple kit but would be happy with red home and yellow away.