1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingstonian v Dulwich Hamlet, Mon 19 Dec 7.45pm (Christmas party in their clubhouse!)

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by darryl, Dec 15, 2016.

1. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Is it even possible to have any kind of festive fun in that awful ground? Maybe some cowbells might help...

Pink Panther and NPDHFC like this.
  3. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Maybe if there is a surgeon in attendance they could attempt a personality bypass or two

B.I.G likes this.
  4. clog

clog have that you c

Party time! :D

darryl likes this.
  5. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

I don't know how I've not realised this before. But Kingstonian can also be pronounced Kingston Ian.
    What an absurd club.

6. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Is transport affected by industrial action or is this line Southwest Trains?

7. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

It's definitely South West Trains for the relevant lines to Kingston or New Malden but even in periods unaffected by action they're often not that much better than Southern at this time of year.

8. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

(Other station option is Norbiton)

9. EDC

I always use Norbiton. Thanks for confirming.

10. Philshep

Philshep Member

What's the rules with drinking in the ground? - mate reckons you can't as it's a football league ground?

11. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Due to it being a Football League ground, no drinking

12. SDE

SDE Well-Known Member

A Dulwich game I can actually, (almost) definitely make it to. Hurrah! It's been a seldom occurrence this season.

StephenMac likes this.
  13. Philshep

Philshep Member

Rubbish!

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

WillClunas likes this.
  15. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Norbiton is definitely the closest station to the ground, no more than a 15 minute walk:

Location Map.

Apparently it's been chaotic on SW Trains via Wimbledon at times, as people stuffed by Southern have been switching to that route for bus and tram connections to the Croydon and Sutton area. Getting on rush hour trains at Clapham Junction can be an ordeal at the best of times. Possibly less hassle to go via Waterloo even if it costs a couple of quid extra.

16. jnrknight

jnrknight James Knight

Norbiton is indeed definitely closest in terms of a walk but if anyone really hates walking you can get a 131 from either Kingston on New Malden stations to pretty much right outside the ground.

Pub options have always been pretty lacking in the Cambridge Road area & now The Peel has closed there's really sweet FA around the ground. There's a pretty good pub near Norbiton station called The Dragon that does reasonable Thai food. As a disclaimer - I've not been since it was 'done up' but it certainly used to be alright...

17. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

For the 131 bus from New Malden, out of station turn left walk to the roundabout near The Fountain pub and the bus stop is to the right of the roundabout across the traffic lights.

18. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Alas, no funds for this one!
    You know it's true, we're pink & bluuuuuuuuuuuueeeee

19. scousedom

Not been before but going tonight. What's the exact bar situation? I.e. is it like our setup where you can see the pitch from the bar? Or like the Met Police where pitch and bar are in separate postcodes altogether.

editor likes this.
  20. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Seperate postcodes. Whats the matter man. Cant you play hide and seek!!!

jnrknight likes this.
  21. scousedom

Just working out how many pockets I'll need...

22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Several. Its a long night.

23. EDC

I've has a shit day at work and the last thing I need is a poxy troublesome train journey so I'm giving it a swerve. Shame as I was really looking forward to this one.

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Come along and take it out on Kingstonian.

25. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Not much of a party in their clubhouse so far.

26. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

Won 1 0 Clunis . Ming sent off

B.I.G likes this.
  27. SDE

SDE Well-Known Member

As Kingstonian xmas parties go, that was pretty good. 1-0 win at dirge-ville. 'appee.

StephenMac, darryl and B.I.G like this.
  28. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Sad times. You would have liked it.

(((EDC)))))

clog likes this.
  29. scousedom

I was so happy with that, I sat down a couple of times when I didn't plan to sit down.

Poids likes this.
  30. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

This is nicked with no shame, but would sound great on that Whitehawk coach......*to the tune of Merry Christmas everyone*

Nyren scoring, all around us

Rabble singing, having fun

It’s OUR season, Gav is understanding

Merry Christmas, Kingstonian!