Kingstonian 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by B.I.G, Jul 25, 2017.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

2. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

They are managed by Craig Edwards don't ya know - promotion beckons!

3. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

4. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

Smashed 4-0 by Hastings at the weekend. Very promising indeed.

They should be relegated purely on how bad their forum is to navigate.

editor and Pickman's model like this.
  5. Corax

Corax Luke 5:16

I used to go the K's regularly when the season they achieved promotion to the heady heights of the Ryman Premier. Geoff Pitcher, Scott Corbett, Joey Francis, David Leaworthy, Gavin Holligan (signed by West Ham), Super Terry Evans - those were the days indeed.

6. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

:D They are a big club still don't ya know?

7. Corax

:(

Pickman's model likes this.
  8. YTC

YTC Human Man

Im glad to see almost everyone replying has basically said fuck off.

9. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

It's pre-season, results mean nothing in them.

10. Dulwich Mishi

Heady days indeed...but at what price? Groundsharing after squatting in their own ground....

B.I.G likes this.
  11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

One person suggested that. Do we really need a whole thread for it. They'll probably finish upper mid-table, same as most of Craig Edwards' teams at most of the clubs he's managed.

Dulwich Mishi and YTC like this.
  12. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

He needs to be more worried about sonic and tails snaffling up his rings

vornstyle76, B.I.G and YTC like this.
  13. YTC

YTC Human Man

Question really is if he can get himself promoted out of the green hill zone

vornstyle76 and B.I.G like this.
  14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Don't worry. Kingstonian will do enough things for a thread of their own. Besides I like to keep it easy for them to keep track of what is being said about them. They hate not being talked about!

jnrknight and Cyclodunc like this.
  15. vornstyle76

vornstyle76 Vorn Chic Vorn Genre

Think we need a Brightlingsea Regent thread.

Cyclodunc and B.I.G like this.
  16. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

In an alternative timeline there is one :D

vornstyle76 and Cyclodunc like this.
  17. Corax

Gotta admit, I've been out of the Ks loop for so long (over a decade) that the dislike comes as surprising - we were always pretty loved by neutrals before. Woking however - now they were the scum.

What did they do to deserve such ire?

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

vornstyle76 and B.I.G like this.
  19. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

#Cutteridge (@JamieCutteridge) on Twitter

20. Corax

21. YTC

YTC Human Man

They don't seem to like us, I don't think many of us are that bothered by them. If anything feel a bit sorry for them for whats happened to them. They don't half have a chip on their shoulders when it comes to us, mind.

22. Dulwich Mishi

I think what jars Hamlet fans most, in my humble opinion, is the constant sniping at all things Champion Hill, from a core of fans behind the goal at Kingsmeadow, sorry I mean Fetcham Grove.
    In the ‘old days’ we had a very good relationship fan-wise, with Ziggy, Ollie, Mark & Co.; with many a supporters’ game between us lot and them, with multiple pints downed together at games.
    But now we’re all lazily lumped together as hipsters, students and the rest. To be honest it wears a tad thin..and as for the ‘where were you when you were shit’.... like this post, I can only speak for myself, and I certainly was there. And as a lifelong fan who has been supporting The Hamlet for over 43 years now, I am loving the crowds we get.
    It has taken a lot of hard work from a lot of people to get here, it’s not just about the football, though Gavin Rose becoming manager and slowly but surely developing the side we have today was, without a doubt the catalyst. Off the pitch, we have worked extremely hard to grow our profile in the community, in so many different ways, thinking ‘outside the box’, and trying to make sure we do things properly [whatever that may mean!] rather than just token gestures.
    Our crowds have grown as well because we are welcoming, don’t really bait opposition fans, and in the main concentrate on getting behind our players, without getting on their backs.
    As an outsider looking in, there seems to be a lot of resentment against us at Kingstonian, and also a lot of negativity against us when we go there..and therein lies the rub…a lot of our newer fans can only judge on what they find. And they find a certain amount of hostility, albeit not in a totally nasty way, when we play the K’s. They won’t be aware of ‘old friendships’….
    It is true that Kingstonian have been through a lot…the distant glory years of Wembley in the Trophy & great FA Cup runs at the turn of the century..but built on sand. For some of us older fans there seems to be an air of ‘we don’t belong here, we should be a conference side by right’ when we visit. But a bit of humbleness, accepting those days are long gone for the time being, and accepting where you are, in very difficult times, and maybe some people will respect you more.
    It’s a great shame, because there are still some of their fans who are decent people, but having lazy pops at The Hamlet each time we play…and any respect some of us may still have for their fans will diminish even further.
    I wish them well in their efforts to get a new ground, clearly not in Kingston itself I think, but certainly in the Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames. Get your own base, work hard in your community, which will be easier to do once the Kingston Dons have relocated to the old Wimbledon dog track & they can have a club once more that people will respect.
    In the meantime, perhaps they could tell us where the fans are that they had when they were good?

23. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

We played them a few seasons back at champion hill and one Kingstonian fan shouted within seconds of kick off "you're all hipster bearded cunts" or words to that effect. Half of their team sported beards.

WillClunas and YTC like this.
  24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Why am I only now finding out about Craig Edwards?!!?!

Haahhaahahahahahahahahaaha

25. YTC

YTC Human Man

"Hello Darkness, my old friend"

[​IMG]

26. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Did they lock him in that cage before or after he resigned?

27. Dulwich Mishi

He's actually a really decent down to earth bloke. Had a lot of time for him when he was manager at Champion Hill.

28. YTC

YTC Human Man

I listened to him on the isthmian league podcast and he seems pretty sound. Reckons K's cut their budget by 1K over 2 months in steps. Was why he left. Fair enough.

29. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Its 2018. Kingstonian fans want their manager sacked; plus ça change.

Their manager who was given a two year contract that now runs to the end of this season is rumoured to have put money into the budget, leading to them signing players proven at their level but also a massive turnover of players. However, they managed to field only one outfield substitute as they contrived to end their season as they lost to Hastings in the FA cup.

Also rumours that the manager and some of the K’s players confronted their fans.

It’s a shame their massive flag can’t stop them being massive massive chokers.

Almost as if talking about all the great things the fans are doing and the atmosphere they generate isn’t the same as actually doing it.

StephenMac and Cyclodunc like this.
  30. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Always offended when you take the piss out of Ks on here. That's meant to be OUR special thing!

B.I.G likes this.