King ego Drake gets a tattoo that shows him 'ahead' of The Beatles

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by editor, Aug 12, 2019.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

Johnny was barely out of his teens when he wore that disposable, home-made t shirt. Drake is 32.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

Dissing the Beatles at this point just seems funny and kind of quaint, tbh - Lennon and Drake both on the big-headed side but Drake seems like the more pleasant of the two of them.

Fozzie Bear and Orang Utan like this.
  3. copliker

copliker ...

You do now.

editor likes this.
  4. Orang Utan

Orang Utan razzed up on scrumpy and injustice

Only if I click on it and that's no gonna happen.

Throbbing Angel likes this.
  5. copliker

copliker ...

Well he is a modern day version of 70s stadium fodder. An old man banging about 'pussy' and being rich. But that's Andy Rehfeldt's version.

Orang Utan likes this.
  6. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

He probably would if he had lived in the 21st century.

7. editor

editor hiraethified

Fact! The Beatles sold 300,000 vinyl albums in 2018. Which is rather a lot.

gentlegreen likes this.
  8. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

A friend who works at a college in Liverpool mentioned that most of the students didn't know who John Lennon was when they organised a day to commerate his graduation from there.

9. killer b

killer b Minimum Waste / Maximum Joy

great news. :cool:

10. Fozzie Bear

I do feel that progress is being made in these dark days, killer b - this and stuff like the climate strike do give me hope for the future. :)

11. copliker

copliker ...

This front is in some disarray. After 3 hours of well received contemporary pop, the most popular tune at my niece's 21st, the one they all sang along to, was 'Living On A Prayer'.

12. Fozzie Bear

Well at least they are half way there, I guess.

Almor, danski, Orang Utan and 2 others like this.
  13. killer b

All the tweens I know are massively into Queen, which I'm cautiously for.

14. Rebelda

Rebelda Nearly as bad as Badgers

What a bizarre thread :D very entertaining. Two things; you're all talking about Drake, so, 1:0 to him and his tattoo, Signs makes me want to shag the nearest available person more than any Beatles song has. But really, so what.

15. editor

editor hiraethified

Not sure how it counts as a victory when we're talking about what a fucking egotistical arsehole this super famous, super rich pop star is.

16. killer b

I'm just going to check out signs tbf

sheothebudworths and Rebelda like this.
  17. editor

editor hiraethified

Totally believe that, what with Liverpool having a John Lennon Airport and the city being full of Beatles references, and the Beatles still being hugely famous worldwide.

18. editor

editor hiraethified

From my pub DJ perspective: Queen - huge. Bon Jovi - guaranteed biggest mass singalong. Bowie - pretty big. Cher - fucking massive.

19. killer b

They have a John Moores university, but I bet most of them have no idea who John Moores was (he was the founder of Littlewoods apparently)

20. Rebelda

We're still talking about him. Any publicity etc. Obviously it's a fucking silly tattoo but so what?! I bet you the remaining Beatles either couldn't care less or think it's funny.

21. editor

editor hiraethified

Bit of a daft comparison that, tbh.

22. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

sheothebudworths likes this.
  23. editor

editor hiraethified

If a load of people started posted here calling me a twat* I don't think I'd call that a 'win' for me.

*this isn't an invitation, btw :D

24. editor

editor hiraethified

:facepalm:

Drake wasn't impressed
    "Drake Forehead Tattoo: Rapper Responds, Says Fan ‘Incredible,’ Artist A ‘F*cking As*hole’"

HuffPost is now a part of Oath

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019 at 6:08 PM
  25. killer b

It's mostly just you doing this tbf.

26. editor

editor hiraethified

I think you'll find there's been no shortage of negative comment on the internet about Drake's tattoo. Perhaps you somehow missed it all.

27. killer b

I did miss it, somehow. You were talking about this thread though, which isn't full of negative comments about Drake (apart from those from you).

28. Rebelda

Tell you what, start a thread about how Drake ruins Work and all the glory that Rihanna is in that song and I'll call the man a cunt till the cows come home. Fuck the Beatles though.

Orang Utan likes this.
  29. Yossarian

Yossarian free shrugs

I didn't know Drake had as many as 35 tattoos - getting a lighthearted doodle to celebrate passing a massive career milestone makes a lot more sense in that context.

Drake's new tattoo is making some people really mad

30. editor

editor hiraethified

I like a lot of Drake's music but I do find it a bit pathetic that he feels the need to boast about his slightly dubious claim to be bigger than the Beatles with a shit tattoo. But then rich people gloating about their success has never been a thing to celebrate in my world.