Killing Eve

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Maggot, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

Really enjoyed the first episode of this programme about a female assassin and an MI5 officer who tries to catch her. Exciting and quite funny in places. The whole series is now on BBC3, but I might wait for broadcast.

Scaggs, Hellsbells and Gramsci like this.
  2. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

It's really good and great music :cool:

Maggot likes this.
  3. bellaozzydog

bellaozzydog rolling turds in glitter

Really funny, well written and very engaging, looking forward to the rest of the series

4. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

I've seen the whole series and I enjoyed this too, both lead actresses are fantastic. Always been a fan of Sandra Oh, who often gets "best friend of the heroine" sidekick roles, so it was great seeing her in the lead. I don‘t remember Jodie Comer from anything, but she plays the most entertaining homicidal psychopath I’ve seen in a long time. The last time I’ve seen an actress having so much fun with with a role like, that was Linda Fiorentino in The Last Seduction.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    keybored, yield and AnnO'Neemus like this.
  5. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

Why was Sandra Oh blamed for the murders in the hospital? She only sneaked in to interview the witness

6. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

She was fired for failing to save the witness as she was on guard duty.

D'wards likes this.
  7. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

She was in Thirteen as well which I really enjoyed.

Mrs Miggins likes this.
  8. AnnO'Neemus

AnnO'Neemus Is so vanilla

The Villanelle character reminds me a bit of feral assassin Helena from Orphan Black, that same kind of nonchalance and dark humour, although Villanelle has more style.

girasol, Mrs Miggins and Hellsbells like this.
  9. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

I watched this over the weekend and absolutely loved it. I love Sandra Oh - I just love her face - and Jodie Comer was fantastic in that role. She really went for it and created an absolutely compelling character. Also loved the music as other have said. Lovely to see Martin from The Bridge as well!

Best thing I've seen in quite some time and I really hope there is a series 2.

Edie, AnnO'Neemus and ash like this.
  10. Hellsbells

Hellsbells World's best procrastinator

I watched episode 1 of this yesterday after reading about it on here and thought it was great. Thanks Urban :)

AnnO'Neemus and Maggot like this.
  11. catinthehat

catinthehat Failed VK = Replicant

It has been a bit spoiled for me by the fact that she has found my green scarf with zebras on it which was my total favorite and I lost it. They seem to be making a feature of it and rubbing it in.

12. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

Just started watching this and really enjoying it. I'm only on the first episode.

13. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Not what they want but what is good for them

everyone happy with the later plot and location scenes? not as strong or cohesive as it could be I think

girasol likes this.
  14. discobastard

discobastard _______\+/_______

Soundtrack is great, yes. And I knew I’d seen him somewhere before!

Sandra Oh is indeed fantastic. I never watched Grey’s anatomy but she was great in Sideways. And I like the interplay she has going with David Haig. He’s a great comic actor, was brilliant in the Thick of It.

15. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

I loved all of it. Can't wait for the second series.

It's got such amazing female characters, makes you realise how aimed at men a lot of other stuff is and this really isn't.

Edie, AnnO'Neemus, Reno and 1 other person like this.
  16. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

It's very silly. But also very funny and highly entertaining. Just what I needed.

fucthest8 likes this.
  17. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Numpty extraordinaire

"You hit me with a log!?" :cool:

Series 2 has been confirmed by the BBC.

girasol likes this.
  18. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

its great. its full of surprises. its dark and hilarious and stylish and full of wit and compelling characters. Exactly like bodyguard isn't.

keybored, Edie, AnnO'Neemus and 6 others like this.
  19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm half way through it and LOVING it. Really sharp original writing and great acting.

It's almost like an updated, very dark Minder for the 2010s!

fucthest8 likes this.
  20. girasol

girasol Ubuntu

Finished it last weekend, please please let there be more! However, the Polish husband, is it me or did he have an Irish accent (especially on first two episodes)

21. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Bringing YOU round.....

Finished it and loved it!

22. AnnO'Neemus

AnnO'Neemus Is so vanilla

What should a Polish person who's settled in the UK and speaking English sound like?

I know a guy who I assumed was from Northern Ireland because of his accent, I didn't realise for ages that he's actually German, it's just that he lived there for a while and speaks English with an Irish accent.

23. girasol

girasol Ubuntu

Dunno, they made a big thing of him being Polish so I expected an accent. Then I thought maybe he went to Ireland first and all was well. ;) He did have an Irish accent though right? Just wondering whether it was just me who thought that.

24. girasol

girasol Ubuntu

oh, just looking at the actor who played Niko Polastri, yeah it makes sense, he's from Galway! I went out with a guy from Galway for a few years and I guess my ears are still well atuned to to the accent :) Owen McDonnell - IMDb

Also according to this he was born in England, not Ireland, but that's so badly written I think it may just be made up :D ... Niko Polastri

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    AnnO'Neemus and Libertad like this.
  25. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

In the wiki for his character it explains that he is 2nd generation Polish. This is a series about an MI5 agent with an American accent, which gets explained in the most rudimentary way imaginable.

AnnO'Neemus likes this.
  26. girasol

girasol Ubuntu

27. girasol

girasol Ubuntu

well, exactly, in the show itself they explained why Eve has an American accent, but not why he had an Irish accent ;) That wiki link I found says he was born in England - England ain't no Ireland!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  28. fucthest8

fucthest8 Almost none of you want to discuss anything.

It's basicall y very silly, but it's so well written (her from Fleabag) and performed that it's brilliant. Some killer lines.

God it makes me rage how efficient things are when you're a dick to people

AnnO'Neemus and girasol like this.
  29. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

I love Phoebe Waller-Bridge's writing!

fucthest8 likes this.
  30. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

She's in Dr Foster as the young love rival.