Kick Racism Out of Football

Discussion in 'football' started by Gromit, May 8, 2011.

1. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

2. GarveyLives

donkyboy likes this.
  3. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

4. GarveyLives

5. GarveyLives

6. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

I've had a drink in their club loads of times and played a few games there years ago as it was used as a venue for finals from the Sunday leagues. It's slap bang in a large working class estate and the team has been going for years and is well respected. Fair play to the manager , shame on the league .

mx wcfc likes this.
  7. GarveyLives

... and it looks as though other people are beginning to smell it ...

Chelsea have a serious deep-rooted generations-old problem with racism – it’s time for them to prove otherwise

mx wcfc likes this.
  8. The39thStep

Fedayn likes this.
  9. GarveyLives

donkyboy likes this.
  10. GarveyLives

11. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

No mention either that 3 of the Salah lot were dealt with before they entered the stadium. No balance of problems at other clubs and no viewpoints from the vast majority of Chelsea supporters.

Apart from being from The Sun for heavens sake the article appears to have been written by a 12 year old and why anyone would quote it to prove a point is beyond me.

The39thStep likes this.
  12. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

13. GarveyLives

"Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey did not know what a Nazi salute was when he was charged with making the offensive gesture, says a Football Association panel.

The charge was found not proven this month and Wales international Hennessey, 32, will face no punishment ..."

Wayne Hennessey did not know what Nazi salute was - FA panel

[​IMG]

(Source: www.dailymail.co.uk)

Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey was cleared of the accusation of performing an offensive Nazi salute - because he did not know what a Nazi was.

14. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Considering the number of tweets I read from peoewho had no idea the Titanic sank until they saw the film it's not totally unbelievable.

15. The39thStep

16. GarveyLives

17. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Hmm that the Sun getting all righteous on the topic is a bit hard to swallow...

What a world we live in. Brexit has stoked up xenophobia and racism in the UK to levels comparable to the 60's.
    Then everyone suddenly acknowledges it's wrong in football and it's about time we tackled it.

18. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

This ends with him joining the NF :facepalm:
    Screenshot_2019-04-20-08-41-51.jpg

19. GarveyLives

No problem - feel free to try and swallow this instead:

From parks to Premier League: the shocking scale of racism in English football

The author of the piece - who appears to have no connection with The Sun - is also referred to here:

What drives football fans to abuse reporters of racism?

20. GarveyLives

Presumably Hennessey's German teammate who published the photograph showing him giving a Nazi salute, complete 'Hitler toothbruch moustache' sign, is able to point him in the direction of educational materials that will assist him in his quest?

21. GarveyLives

22. GarveyLives

He's "innocent" !!!

Fan who 'racially abused' Raheem Sterling WON'T be prosecuted on lip reader's advice

[​IMG]

(Source: Michael Zemanek/BPI/REX/Shutterstock)

Colin Wing, 60, insisted he did not call the Manchester City forward a 'black c**t' instead claiming he had shouted 'manc c**t' at the player as he collected a ball from the side lines.

Wing said on December 10: 'I'm deeply ashamed by my own behaviour and I feel really bad. But I didn't call him a black ****, I called him a Manc ****.

'I've been going to Chelsea for 50 years now and, because of where I sit, I'm picked up on the camera most weeks. If I had a history of saying this sort of thing I would've been caught by now.

23. GarveyLives

24. GarveyLives

One hopes that this will not stop the organisation from continuing to challenge racism in the football industry:

Chris Hughton: Kick It Out apologise to Brighton

Meanwhile, this is disturbing:

'Racism at grass-roots level is 10 times worse than the pros': How a junior club in Leeds shines an ugly light on football's biggest problem

25. GarveyLives

26. GarveyLives

27. felixthecat

felixthecat are we there yet?

My step grandson (dual heritage) was recently on a U16s football tour in Italy. One game was abandoned... remember these are U16s... due to racist chanting.

That's despicable

SGS's team fielded 3 black players as well as himself and the team walked off as one when the chanting began. Horrible, totally unacceptable behaviour at any age but at that age group?

JimW and editor like this.
  28. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Italy is a mess on that front, numerous high profile cases of players getting abuse and walking off, only to be criticised and in some cases sanctioned by the FIGC (Italian FA). A few years ago at a game, some fans who were monkey chanting at a black player were shouted at and abused at by groups who only minutes before had been making fascist chants and doing the 'roman salute'..... Fucked up place......

29. 8ball

8ball Hetero Sapiens

Racist chants at kids footie matches.
    Depressing. :(

30. GarveyLives