Kick Racism Out of Football

Discussion in 'football' started by Gromit, May 8, 2011.

1. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Perhaps its worth remembering the Independent Chelsea Supporters who did combat the Headhunters and who got glassed and stabbed for their efforts. They are still there .

2. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

It’s all commendable. Every effort is to rid the game of this stuff. I’m genuinely not having a go at Chelsea here, this guy is just making an example of a wider problem. But he should’ve been aware of the bigger picture with regards to his own club’s history. This chest thumping hostility to rival players and rival fans just, because they’re ‘the enemy’ - what bullshit. Sure criticise players for diving, feigning injury, being lazy, etc..but anyone shouting abuse at a player just because he plays for a rival team, and happens to be picking up a ball nearby is a fuckwit.

I know it only represents a fraction of fans, but it’s prevalent enough in the wider game to put me off. I hear it in pubs all the time. Twats screaming obscenities at players on the screen. It’s ridiculous. Not to mention all the other reasons for disliking modern football.

That said, I love many other things about football. The back to basics of the non league teams, the rise of the professional women’s game, the growth In popularity in the USA, The World Cup... etc. But I’m just done with top tier league football. I’m done with the homophobia, the sexism, lad-ism, the leary ‘bantz’ and the screaming of things like ‘Manc Cunt’ (If indeed that’s what he said as he claims). It’s all too stupid. I’m done with it, for now at least.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  3. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

4. hash tag

hash tag never too old

Oh dear me.

5. hash tag

hash tag never too old

6. GarveyLives

Today ...

Chelsea fans took flag with Nazi symbol to Budapest for Vidi game (click for more)

[​IMG]

"The banner, a modified flag of Northern Ireland that also mentioned Rangers and bore the Loyalist slogan “No surrender”, featured the SS-Totenkopf skull commonly used by neo-Nazis as a reference to the Third Reich’s units who ran extermination camps throughout Europe and the 3rd SS Panzer division.

The top left segment of the flag contained the message: “You have been nominated and dealt with by the Chelsea Headhunters”. The hooligan firm was notorious through the 1970s and 1980s, when violence in and around football matches was arguably at its height, and had links to groups such as the neo-Nazi Combat 18 and the far-right National Front, as well as to Northern Irish loyalist paramilitary organisations."
    (Source: The Guardian)

7. GarveyLives

... I think I can see why people don't want some of the individuals involved in this sort of behaviour to have to their details identified ...

Chelsea football fan accused of shouting racist abuse at Raheem Sterling mocked the murder of Stephen Lawrence in vile tweets (click for more)

[​IMG]

We're beginning to get your message.

8. hash tag

hash tag never too old

I'm not checking that link....it just gets worse :facepalm:

Pickman's model likes this.
  9. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

This is really worthy of being shared. Absolute respect to John Barnes here.

10. hash tag

hash tag never too old

I forget how much of a nice guy JB is; thanks for the reminder.

11. hash tag

hash tag never too old

12. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

13. GarveyLives

14. hash tag

hash tag never too old