Kezia Dugdale Resignation

Discussion in 'Scotland/Alba' started by Celyn, Aug 29, 2017.

1. bemused

bemused Well-Known Member

Sasaferrato and Poi E like this.
  2. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

I see Sarwar is worth millions thanks to his shareholding in his family company. Here's hoping the prick becomes Labour leader and dooms the branch office.

Sasaferrato likes this.
  3. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Warning: posts may cause vasovagal presyncope

What? Of all the things worth criticising Scottish Labour over, this is not one of them. Anyone who thinks it is is an idiot.

Oh, wait, Sputting Image was shit and would probably think it was worth "satirising" this.

redcogs, redsquirrel and pogofish like this.
  4. Poi E

Guess I'm an idiot. A bit of a giggle rather than something to criticise Labour for. Lots of other material, as you say.

5. Sasaferrato

Sasaferrato Thank fuck it's not over.

Neil Findlay is 100% Corbynite. I get his contituency messages. I've also met him a few times.

The first time we met we were discussing fracking, which he opposes. It only took a minute or two to realise that, although he opposes it, he knows little about it.

6. Sasaferrato

His father's career was murky, to say the least. His employees, who were voters in his constituency, 'encouraged' to use postal votes, which were inspected before being posted.

7. 19force8

19force8 For the avoidance of faith

As there isn't a Katie Hopkins' memorial thread for really stupid libel cases that should have been settled in a couple of weeks instead of lining the pockets of expensive lawyers, I'll just bump this on here.

Some time back in 2016 Kezia Dugdale MSP, at the time Scottish Labour Leader, accused blogger [not MSP see below] Stuart Campbell of homophobia for writing the following tweet about Tory MSP Oliver Mundell after his father, the Scottish Secretary David Mundell, came out as gay:

"Oliver Mundell is the sort of public speaker that makes you wish his dad had embraced his homosexuality sooner.”

The accusation was in the Daily Record and not in the chamber so no immunity.

This gets messy because instead of leaving it to the newspaper to handle someone (Iain McNicol?) decided the Labour Party would fund her defence. That funding has now been cut as the case is due to go to trial and the Daily Record will take over. Cue kerfuffle in the Labour Party.

So instead of a prompt apology and at most a few grand changing hands we have another pay day for m'learned friends. Only this time it seems one party has very deep pockets.

One to watch. :hmm:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Celyn likes this.
  8. Celyn

Celyn Well-Known Member

Stuart Campbell is not an MSP. He runs the Wings over Scotland blog.

Interesting letter apparently from the General Secretary regarding Kezia Dugdale's case: (Squawkbox)
    Excl: Formby’s letter to MSPs clarifies Dugdale case and commitment

Background mumbling among the troops from various sources collated on Wings over Scotland:
    The So Solid Crew

The letter previously mentioned:

[​IMG]

I don't know why the Labour Party agreed to fund her in the first place, really. All quite interesting.

19force8 likes this.
  9. Celyn

Celyn Well-Known Member

Huh, first page of letter eaten by gremlins. For letter, hit the Squawkbox link above or Cutting your losses

I suppose if it goes ahead, Kezia Dugdale will have a high-circulation tabloid supporting her.

Still, she might have been wiser just to stay in that jungle in Australia.

10. 19force8

Oops, thanks for the correction (reference to him as an MSP edited now) and for the links.

It's amazing how easy it is to just nod through spending thousands of other people's money on a vanity projrect.

Since this seems about to impact more than just Scottish Labour I think I'll drop a link into the Jezza thread.

Celyn likes this.
  11. Poi E

The SNP really need to arrange a shaking of hands between Campbell and Dugdale as she announces her new-found support for independence.

12. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

How about on on this thread too? Or maybe the hillsborough one?

13. 19sixtysix

19sixtysix Life as viewed from a Gay Gorbals Garret

Not that I've been following the shenanigans of the bliarites up here but is this the new tactic to oppose JC.

14. danny la rouge

Celyn likes this.
  15. Celyn

Celyn Well-Known Member

Is this one of those speculative "alternative universe" things? :D

Poi E likes this.
  16. danny la rouge

Mirror Dugdale.

Poi E and Celyn like this.
  17. Sasaferrato

Less than relevant? Extraordinarily relevant, together with the Conservatives and the Lib Dems. The Greens are bought and paid for by the SNP, that may cost them in 2021. half a dozen seats to other parties, and Sturgeon is fucked, and she knows it, but doesn't have the guts to go again on a referendum.

When the SNP lose power in 2021, that is the independence question settled.

The Pale King likes this.
  18. danny la rouge

Is that tirade in any way related to anything I said?

19. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

pair of cunts.

20. danny la rouge

If there’s a way that both can lose in this that’ll be a satisfactory outcome for me.

Poi E and 19force8 like this.
  21. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

I'm not entirely sure why members money (90 odd grand?) has been spunked on this, maybe theres a valid reason for that. A Blairite shite from a party thats still in the anger stage of the grief stages and Wanks over scotland, a hillsboro joke twat who made a living out of his long distance nat blogging tedium. Some day a real rains gonna come....

The Pale King likes this.
  22. Sasaferrato

Well, yes. Replying to your words 'less than relevant'. :)

23. danny la rouge

Replying to, certainly. Related to, scarcely.

24. Sasaferrato

Qot homines, tot sententiae.

25. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

And i doubt any one of them would agree that your latest outburst was in any way relevant to the post you imagine that you were replying to.

danny la rouge likes this.
  26. danny la rouge

Ab irato, non sequitur.

Dom Traynor and two sheds like this.
  27. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Err, per ardua ad astra?

danny la rouge likes this.
  28. 19force8

Yeah, why not? Off you go.

29. Sasaferrato

:)

30. Poi E

Trust you are well, Sas.