Keith Flint of The Prodigy dead

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by rutabowa, Mar 4, 2019.

1. girasol

girasol Ubuntu

What a shame. Apparently he was in very good health, running regularly, riding his horse around town :( Prodigy were HUGE when I was at university, still have two CDs (Music for a Jilted Generation and The Fat of the Land). Still get that tingling of excitement and rahhhhh when I hear their music.

romeo2001 likes this.
  2. bellaozzydog

bellaozzydog rolling turds in glitter

Liam Howlett, who formed the group in 1990, confirmed his death was a suicide. “The news is true, I can’t believe I’m saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend,” he wrote on Instagram. “I’m shell shocked, fuckin angry, confused and heart broken ..... r.i.p brother Liam”.

3. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

total legend :(

4. Mrs Miggins

Mrs Miggins There's been a slight cheese accident

Oh shit :(:(

5. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

Such sad news. R.I.P. Keith.

I first saw them around the time Charly was out, doing a mid-week set in Bangor of all places. Keith was a real pied-piper to all us young ravers (as someone said upthread).

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  6. hash tag

hash tag never too old

Sad news.
    i remember seeing Prodigy just before Christmas a while back, an excellent gig. It was well up there with the best of em.
    Was really sad to learn he ended his own life. :(

7. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Just picked up on this, very sad news :( :(

I saw a more recent Prodigy gig at Glastonbury -- was it 2009 when they headlined the second stage? -- and that was an outstanding performance.

8. editor

editor Forked with electrons

This a real surprise. Shit :(

9. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

Only listened to the new album for the first time last week! :(

10. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

Horribly sad news. RIP. :(

11. blossie33

blossie33 trailer trash

Very sad :( RIP

12. Patteran

Patteran A nowadays excuse

This is how I remember them - euphoric, sweaty & slightly shambolic. A sound harder live than on record. The entire video's hard to watch cause the sound is poor, but it's a great snapshot of the period (cued to Charley collapsing into Everybody in the Place).

13. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

A friend of mine who knew him wrote this on FB

I'm really struggling with today's news about my rocking dance dude, Keith Flint. He was always a part of the MTV team in the 90s! He often invited us to his Braintree home for tea and biccies (which were often best before 1977)! I have so many happy memories of him - when he got stuck in his plastic orb in a true spinal tap moment, when we went to Waitrose in his full get up to the surprise of the local yummy mummies and his love of the song 'Solid as a Rock'. Kind, funny, gorgeous and what a dancer - rock in peace Keef!

14. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

[​IMG]

Not one of my best shots - but one hell of a performance. More energy than almost any other band I've seen!

My office subdued today - I think everyone here was a fan and our sound engineer worked their last show here. :(

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  15. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen person of tinge

Really quite gutted. No one here seems to know who he is :(

16. Orang Utan

Orang Utan razzed up on scrumpy and injustice

Surprised to be so upset by this. I guess he was one of us.
    So many fellas not making it to 50 cos they can't look after themselves and/or they can't tell their friends about how they're feeling. :(

17. 8ball

8ball Chipperer than average

:(

RIP Mr Firestarter

William of Walworth and Celyn like this.
  18. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

19. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Seagull + Chips = Happy Seagull

This. :(

20. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

Surprisingly bummed about this. Maybe it's because we're roughly the same age. RIP fella.

keybored likes this.
  21. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

ah shit. Prodigy at glasto in 95 was one of my best ever live experiences - and Keith whipped up a storm.
    And yeah - another man gone to suicide - its a fucking epidemic.

22. aqua

aqua made of cheese and gin

This for me too. It's hit harder than I would have expected it to. But you're right, it's what you've put in your second paragraph isn't it. It's just so sad :(

23. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Psychosomaticaddictinsane.

RIP Keith. :(

24. starfish

starfish No dialogue. Just plot.

Yeah, sad. A real downer. RIP.

25. Mumbles274

Mumbles274 running from law and the press and the parents

I have chastised my friend for making me make this same decision. We just got to the second stage for the closing songs. Ive never seen anything like it before and since and don't think i ever will. A whole field bounced in sync. I've still not forgiven her for that and I bloody well told her so today!

William of Walworth and spitfire like this.
  26. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

This popped up on my FB feed, and I suppose it's a fitting tribute of sorts. Give it a minute.

Mordi, Almor and weltweit like this.
  27. blairsh

blairsh Sometimes

Very sad news, really quite shit.

RIP

28. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Seagull + Chips = Happy Seagull

I've never been to glasto and will never will. But I fucking love the whole culture of being twatted and dancing me tits off. :thumbs:

29. crossthebreeze

crossthebreeze Well-Known Member

Fuuuck. Really sad, which seeming as I haven't listed to the prodigy for years, is surprising, but yes he was one of us and we've already lost too many of us - (what Orang Utan said basically).

30. Voley

Voley Ramoner

Really quite shocked by this. 49's my age.

First dance act to headline the Pyramid at Glastonbury. They fucking rocked it too.

RIP Keith. Had some fucking great nights out watching you. Thanks for that.