Kayne West set to release the self-declared 'best album of all time'

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by editor, Jan 25, 2016.

1. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

I'm talking about the Kanye track smartarse

There's a big difference between not having a beat and acapella

2. Beats & Pieces

Beats & Pieces 24601 / 9430 Banned

How old are you? And please visit the 'Old School Hip Hop' thread. It might help you.

3. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

You really can't know much about the genre if you are dismissing Kanye as worthless. Don't tell me, you think hip hop peaked with Raising Hell and its all been downhill from there...

4. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Had a little re-listen to a few Kanye tracks this morning on Spotify while I was on my way to work. I stand by previous comments. He hasn't cracked out a really good one since Diamonds from Sierra Leone.

marshall likes this.
  5. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Think I'd agree with you, 101, and that was a long time ago, no, he's not worthless, nor is he overrated because I don't think many do rate him that highly for his musical output anymore. Not sure what he is now, really.

6. Beats & Pieces

Beats & Pieces 24601 / 9430 Banned

I have never stated that West was worthless - no human being is - but the reason I directed you to the OSHH thread was to at least try to give you a sense of perspective. As for Run DMC and Hip Hop peaking with 'Raising Hell'? I always preferred 'King Of Rock', and well remember the impact of 'Walk This Way' as being not entirely positive (you have to take the Beastie Boys in to account too).

Kanye had his moment, and Hip Hop has moved on. Hip Hop is full of such moments - it has (and will always be) orientated by way of 12" singles rather than albums.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What a fucking idiot

Go to 10.50