Kayne West set to release the self-declared 'best album of all time'

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by editor, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Why not? Pink has more memorable tunes.

2. Orang Utan

crossthebreeze likes this.
  3. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

You can't doubt the man's talent, as I previously said, he does things with hip hop no one has.

Chilli.s likes this.
  4. 8ball

8ball Up to something

I’m wondering which ludicrous white pop star’s egotistical comments you are thinking of. Has Justin Bieber been indulging in a little holocaust denial while my back was turned?

I’ve been out of the loop tbf.

5. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

It's not ego we're dealing with here so much as dangerous ahistorical drivel of the kind more commonly heard from white supremacists.

krtek a houby, 8ball and Celyn like this.
  6. Orang Utan

it's not what he's saying that I am commenting on

7. crossthebreeze

crossthebreeze Well-Known Member

Interesting theory

8. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Free the Sepsis Six!

9. SpookyFrank

If West being a babbling cretin is a piece of performance art I admire his dedication, because he's not broken character for years.

10. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

He's married to Kim Kardashian he deserves our pity for that at least.

[​IMG]

11. Beats & Pieces

Beats & Pieces 24601 / 9430 Banned

:D

12. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

As far as I can tell they deserve each other.

13. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady Thinks she is a flower to be looked at

I hope this Instagram link works because this is an excellent riposte to Kanye's nonsense

pocketscience and SpookyFrank like this.
  14. SpookyFrank

Are we watching the same video? If 'doing things with hip hop no one has' includes writing lyrics that sound like they were made up on the spot while drunk then maybe there's a reason nobody has done that before.

skyscraper101 likes this.
  15. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

^ that tune is a load of shit.

Of everything I've heard from him, I can only point to 'Diamonds from Sierra Leone' as a decent tune. 'Maybe Touch The Sky' isn't half bad either, thanks to the Curtis Mayfield sampling, at least you can dance to it.

Most else from his repertoire is pretty much toss.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  16. D'wards

Well we can't all like the same things. Be a very boring world if we did...

17. D'wards

You don't like hip hop do you? I can tell

18. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

Eminem beat him to a duo with Ed Sheerhan though.:(

19. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

It's nonsense to say that Kanye hasn't got skills and invention in hip hop. His producing and ghost-producing early stuff brought a soulfulness, playfulness, and much-needed breath of fresh air to the scene. College Dropout was, on the whole, a fantastic album, full of personality and humour. You can't really hate on tracks like 'All Falls Down', 'Jesus Walks', 'Through The Wire', etc., can you? He hasn't really scaled those heights regularly since, but there's usually something worth listening to on most of his jams.

He is of course, a spectacular prick. His latest outburst is genuinely damaging and irresponsible :mad:. But to claim that he can't rap or produce is disingenuous or ill-informed.

20. SpookyFrank

I love hip hop, which is why I get so cross about this clown making millions from his auto-tuned, word salad bullshit.

Also helping the alt-right to undermine the historical and cultural identity of the african american community that made him rich in the first place doesn't strike me as in keeping with the spirit of hip hop.

If I hate Ted Nugent does that mean I hate rock and roll?

21. SpookyFrank

I haven't ever been able to pay much attention to his productions because I can't get past the pathetic attempts at rapping. Maybe he is a great producer, but that doesn't mean he can rap. Have you heard Steve Albini's band? Proof positive that some people should stay in the control booth.

Beats & Pieces and skyscraper101 like this.
  22. D'wards

Terrible comparison. No one gives a fuck about Ted Nugent

23. SpookyFrank

But if people did give a fuck about him this would make him objectively good to the point where no true music fan could dislike his work?

24. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Love College Dropout, genuine breath of fresh air at the time, but each subsequent release has been progressively worse, making me wonder, who on earth was responsible for that debut?

Beats & Pieces likes this.
  25. Beats & Pieces

What do you think is original about this, within the terms of 'Hip Hop'? Genuine question btw.

26. D'wards

For a start it hasn't got a drum beat. Can you name any other rap songs without a beat?

27. Beats & Pieces

Have you ever bought a Hip Hop record that featured that featured an acapella?

28. D'wards

I think some of you here are saying he's shit at music cos he's a nobhead. Conflating personality with talent. He's on no way my favourite rapper and god knows we've all laughed at his ridiculous behaviour in the past, but to claim he's talentless is just churlish.

29. D'wards

That's not an apacella

30. Beats & Pieces

:facepalm: