Kayne West set to release the self-declared 'best album of all time'

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by editor, Jan 25, 2016.

1. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

No, definitely not for real.

skyscraper101 likes this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Pricely stuff:
    Kanye West wants Mark Zuckerberg's help, and he needs an answer by tomorrow

3. Shippou-Sensei

Shippou-Sensei 4:1:2.5

Aparently also has a clause a lowing the band one attempt at stealing it back with out recrimination.

moon likes this.
  4. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

I'd never buy under those terms as you don't fuck with the Wu Tang Clan.

5. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

Favelado likes this.
  6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

7. Dr. Furface

Dr. Furface One small step for man

8. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

9. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

It fits with his Self Made Man philosophy. Slavery Is A Choice might be the end of him though.... It's going to trigger some interesting discussion in the US though, with the facts firmly stacked against the Randians. Hopefully will flush out a few more nutters.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  10. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

For God's sake Jay-Z phone him and tell him to shut the fuck up.

11. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Seagulls are cunts

'"Don't be a dick" fail :facepalm:

12. RainbowTown

RainbowTown Well-Known Member

Either he is in the grip of some form of self-destructive breakdown .... or is just a pig-ignorant moron of seismic proportions.

Personally, I'm veering towards the latter.

A wholly shameful and pretty digusting to spout out, even by his ever diminishing standards. He deserves every bit of criticism he's receiving, and more.

Badgers likes this.
  13. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady Thinks she is a flower to be looked at

The best part of this debacle was the response from the man who articulated, in the moment and to his face, what was wrong with what he was saying. I haven't seen the whole interview but it seemed as though the presenters were not prepared to challlenge him on it.

14. phillm

phillm Trolling through Life (TM)

15. londonkid

londonkid Well-Known Member

Hes losing it or lost

16. krtek a houby

krtek a houby Turnips - big! Swedes - small!

Potentially dangerous ammunition for the racists out there. Usually the type who can't stand rap/hiphop etc will now be quoting Kanye.

17. sovereignb

sovereignb Well-Known Member

glad I listened to the whole interview before making judgement on the sensationalised headline.

18. Enviro

Enviro Make your assessment

Go on ...

mwgdrwg likes this.
  19. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

I've been calling bullshit on this clown for about ten years. I'm not remotely surprised he's gone down the alt-right rabbit hole, he's been at Donald Trump levels of brainless narcissism for a long time now.

20. 8ball

8ball Up to something

21. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

America's Morrissey.

22. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

His music is shit anyway. At least Prince could get away with all the eccentric stuff because he was talented. Kanye West however is about as interesting to listen to as my washing machine spinning around.

23. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady Thinks she is a flower to be looked at

Tbf it's a pretty big lane...

Orang Utan and Mation like this.
  24. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

'he's not prince' is a bit unfair, I mean who is. I enjoyed his stuff around the Jesus Walks era and he is undeniably a talented musician and rapper.

crossthebreeze and Orang Utan like this.
  25. RainbowTown

RainbowTown Well-Known Member

It's an apt comparison. Morrissey's increasingly provocative views (of which he is fully entitled to express, of course - and be called out upon, too)) is a source of great disappointment. He is, without doubt, one of the finest songwriters of his generation and with The Smiths, one of best frontmen too. Sadly though, over time he seems to have become very bitter and self-absorbed; the witticisms and barbs have become less humorous and soured more with resentment and ignorance. A great pity.

Comparing Kanye West to Prince is like comparing Pink to Patti Smith. It's just not on.

26. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

It wasn't a Prince v Kanye off. I could've chosen anyone tbh.

Point is he doesn't get a pass because his music is toilet.

RainbowTown and 8ball like this.
  27. 8ball

8ball Up to something

Maybe you're in the wrong lane. The markings can be ambiguous.

28. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Ridin' a Stutz Bearcat, Jim

He raps like a man who has never heard actual rapping, but only had the concept explained to him very briefly by someone who didn't know a lot about it. Some of his lines are hilariously stupid, or would be if the cunt responsible for them hadn't somehow got himself venerated as some kind of cultural juggernaut.

Listening to Kanye West is like hearing about this amazing new guitar hero and then going to one of his gigs and seeing a man actually just playing Guitar Hero.

skyscraper101 and 8ball like this.
  29. D'wards

D'wards I'm an excellent driver

His first album is great, and he has taken hip hop in a different direction from the utter shit we are presented with in the last decade or so.
    However, it has been clear for a while now he's mentally ill. And for certain he has narcissistic personality disorder, but this is camouflaged by working in the rap music industry which has a higher than average percentage of absolute nobheads

30. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

A black popstar's ludicrous egotistical comments get far more attention and condemnation than a white popstar's ludicrous egotistical comments. I wonder why that is?

ShiftyBagLady likes this.