Kate Nash

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by futha, Aug 15, 2007.

1. bankside

bankside Banned Banned

Great voice. Can't tear me away from Kate though.

2. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

is it all bitchy songs about other girls?

3. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

don't be dissin bragg

4. johnnymarrsbars

johnnymarrsbars www.friendrock.co.uk

the nme awards thing from a few years ago? that was one of the most cringeworthy embarrassing things i've ever seen.

5. cliche guevara

cliche guevara Well-Known Member

. Brilliant.

6. Silva

Silva This went well.

Her new album is a bit of a mess - there's some good tunes, but half of it sounds very half-arsed to me.

7. gabi

gabi Banned Banned

Uggggh..

I hated her enough, then I found out she's shagging that tuneless dick from the cribs. Office radio.... :mad:

8. editor

editor hiraethified

I randomly came across her new stuff on Spotify and have decided I rather like the cut of her jib. Some of the songs on her new album are really terrible mind, but there's a few real gems in there. I like her lyrical style too - especially when she goes a bit batshit - and she seems a very personable sort. I didn't realise that she'd had a "proper" breakdown either.

9. hunter121

hunter121 Banned Banned

Good to hear you're well.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

Are you a bot? Just that all your posts so far consist of you repeating something someone else has said, followed by those two pics? :confused:

11. fakeplasticgirl

fakeplasticgirl hysterically useless

urghh... I really don't like kate nash's music. and people keep saying i look like her :(

12. fakeplasticgirl

fakeplasticgirl hysterically useless

this is FAB :D

13. editor

editor hiraethified

I've banned them.

14. ericjarvis

ericjarvis give a feck for the feckless

I kind of like Kate Nash. I see her as a sort of musical version of Robert Rankin. It's all a bit shoddy and thrown together, but there's a great sense of humour and some intelligence behind it all, even if it gets applied erratically. If she worked totally solo without any production I think she would get more respect. I don't know that it would make the music any better however.

15. Corax

Corax Luke 5:16

:( Hunter121 was my fave poster.

16. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

I half liked that one where she was on a plane. Her first song was god woeful. The Trachenburg family slideshow players speak very highly of her.

She almost looks like that pavlova woman (who unfortunately has no good songs at all). She looks all nice and that and maybe if she sung the plane song i'd like her more.

17. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

She's one of them I feel guilty about liking the tunes and fancying her..... Like lily Allen

18. editor

editor hiraethified

There's a really good documentary about Kate Nash on BBC. Well worth a look. I like her. I like her spirit.

BBC iPlayer - Kate Nash: Underestimate the Girl

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  19. ATOMIC SUPLEX

Sounds interesting, I'll have to remember to pop it on when I have time.

20. editor

editor hiraethified

It's really good. She's a tough, principled woman that fought hard to keep making music after being dumped by her label - by text!

spitfire and Kaka Tim like this.
  21. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

i didn't really know her stuff until I saw this lass do "foundations" at my local pub karaoke recently - she did it really well with loads of sass and it cracked me up - it stood out a mile from the usual parade of helpless pissheads bellowing "my way" very badly. So on that basis alone - not shite.

22. editor

editor hiraethified

I love that song. Really love it.

23. hipipol

hipipol Peckham Wry

Second chances, eh? good luck.....

24. ATOMIC SUPLEX

Watched the first bit of the doc which is so far a good watch. Boy she looks so young at the beginning, it doesn't seem all that long ago. Boy how time flies.
    I see she is also in that new horrible histories film.

editor likes this.
  25. bellaozzydog

bellaozzydog rolling turds in glitter

Ace, inspiring woman :thumbs:

My wine consumption overtook my ability to manage my lacrimal apparatus :D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019 at 12:21 AM
    editor likes this.