July Photo Thread [big pics!]

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by Vintage Paw, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Bernie Gunther

Bernie Gunther Fundamentalist Druid

2. Bernie Gunther

3. Johnny Canuck3

Johnny Canuck3 Well-Known Member

4. Johnny Canuck3

5. Dr_Herbz

Dr_Herbz Devil's Advocate Banned

Now and Then

[​IMG]

The first bike I ever rode... and the last one

6. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral. R.I.P.

Nice :)

7. Stanley Edwards

Stanley Edwards 1967 Maserati Mistral. R.I.P.

Absolute graphic shyte. Piss poor.

You may as well have sketched that.

:)

8. Mungy

Mungy i haz boobz

9. Johnny Canuck3

10. big eejit

big eejit She looks like Alan Gilzean

My daughter hula-hooping with a hoop that's far too big for her. Lomo-fied.

[​IMG]

11. Dr_Herbz

12. boskysquelch

boskysquelch Banned Banned

dontcha jus lurve wot Kids do with there hands when concentrating on something...

two of my favourite subjects in a row...children at play & birds! :)

personally I would knock the levels/saturation/contrast back a tad on the former(and prolly give the benches a clone out :D ) and up'em on the latter...but only to My Own taste...and even that may be down to monitors...yooouz's end or mine.

*I lived with 50plus peacocks for 9 years and never took a single shot of them..for all sorts of reasons... I was thinking about this earlier...and by strange co-incidence this is the type of shot I would have looked to get... and bwoi do I know they are hard to get, since then, having tried it with pheasants, chickens, guinea fowl, swans, duck and more besides...and never got one....as good! :cool:

13. Dr_Herbz

Thank you and I know exactly what you mean. It's nice to see that someone recognises how hard it is to get a decent shot of them, I had to lie still on the floor for nearly an hour to get this one. They really don't like you taking photos of them or being close to them, especially when they're protecting a chick. They never stop moving either and peacocks are a nightmare when they're in 'posing' mode, they always turn their arse to you and keep shaking their thang.

Thanks for the comment, it gives me the incentive to take more peacock pictures :D

e2a: I should have messed with the colours a little, this is 'straight from the camera' and I didn't think it looked too bad so posted it 'as-is'.
    I'll have a mess with it later before I put it in my 'Prints for sale' section :D

14. og ogilby

og ogilby Well-Known Member

Fuck em.:mad:

Don't they understand, this is art.:cool:

15. Dr_Herbz

Peacocks don't understand very much, in fact, they're about as thick as it gets... inconsiderate twats!

16. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

It's a lovely shot. You've no idea how much difficulty I had finding decent peacock pics to lolcats earlier :D

17. big eejit

big eejit She looks like Alan Gilzean

Cheers bosky. The saturation/levels/contrast etc are all the result of a nifty lomo filter for PS. But it does keep the different layers that make up the filter so you can adjust each one to taste - I just left 'as is' in this case but it could probably stand a bit of toning down. I didn't really notice the benches but now you mention it... I can't be arsed taking them out tho!

18. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

19. Bernie Gunther

20. Bernie Gunther

21. Bernie Gunther

22. Firky

23. Bernie Gunther

Spot metered?

Nice anyhow.

24. Firky

25. Bernie Gunther

Hmm, I'm thinking the white balance is screwed up on that second picture of mine above. Might fix it.

eta: done. Sun must have gone behind a cloud for a moment.

26. baffled

baffled Well-Known Member

Was stuck at work again today so I quickly grabbed a few shots in my break, will be using the flower shot for pad even though it is very similar to a shot I have already used and tbh there wasn't a whole lot to choose from.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

27. Bernie Gunther

Not sure I don't like the colour one better firky.

28. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

You'd better watch it, last time I tried taking photos at the station I got accused of being a terrorist by the police :rolleyes: :D

29. Firky

That has happened to me too, but in London. Also happened at Canary Wharf.

Yeah I think I like the colour one better.

[​IMG]

30. Bernie Gunther

Spot is very useful sometimes. I kept trying to take pictures of Crocosmia var "Lucifer" in front of some purple clematis and totally frying the red channel today, so in the end I started using spot metering, which helped quite a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]