1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July 2005 London bomb blasts: UPDATES AND NEWS ONLY - NO DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'war on terror' started by energy release, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Loki

Loki RIP R.I.P.

Yeah that's probably why the BBC aren't reporting it yet, as it's from an "unofficial but reliable" source as Sky news says (Sky are reporting 45 dead).

2. Rocket Romano

Rocket Romano Banned Banned

Sky report that the telephone unit has been taken away by the police from the phonebox by the bombed bus

3. pk

pk drink flounce rinse repeat

No, that's the Tavistock blast IIRC.

4. passenger

passenger up and down...

police sujesting people might have to stay in offices over night

5. J77

J77 residing

r5

Earlier multiple explosion reports because they happened between stations.

Likewise, the bus was near Russel/Tavistock, now confirmed as only one bus at Woburn.

6. jugularvein

jugularvein extra

REALLY??

7. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

feels very strange to be in the capital...no one is doing much work...all very sombre :(

8. fat hamster

fat hamster Banned Banned

Confirmed by the BBC ticker: Police identify bombed bus as a number 30 travelling from Hackney to Marble Arch.

9. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

they are asking people to bring their bins in so as not to confuse police

10. Rocket Romano

Rocket Romano Banned Banned

Unconfirmed Reports that a number of people are still trapped at Russell Sq Station

11. passenger

passenger up and down...

im sorry to say yes thats what might need to happen

12. Cloo

Cloo U R dOin me a friTen

So looks like we're officially in the aftermath, then.

13. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

thameslink running an emergency service either side of london
    and haethrow express emergency service

swindon
    brighton
    portsmouth
    poole
    shut

14. DJ Squelch

DJ Squelch King Of Insides

15. Loki

Loki RIP R.I.P.

An update from TfL is due at 3pm. I can't see all the tube lines running by rush hour.

16. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

17. Divisive Cotton

Divisive Cotton Now I just have my toy soldiers

Sky News say 45 are dead

18. IntoStella

IntoStella Banned Banned

Apparently two suspect packages have been found in Croydon.

As yet unconfirmed.

19. sunflower

sunflower SE21

Does anyone work near Victoria mainline Station? Mr S is walking from Baker Street to Victoria to try and get on a mainline train. I told him that I think overland trains are still running albeit with delays..

20. asha2323

asha2323 New Member

Central London is quiet but seems safe enough - I'm just off Oxford Street... Most people are just going about their business, it seems oddly subdued though...

I might have to walk home later ... 10 miles!! Oh well.. I'm not moaning. I'm sure there will be others doing the same.. The Dunkirk spirit and all that ... The worst thing we can do is give whoever did this the satisfaction that it may have disrupted our lives. Sneaky cowards.

21. passenger

passenger up and down...

what i herd no tube stations will be open again today

22. asha2323

asha2323 New Member

I would say that Victoria is probably on high alert... What with Scotland yard and most of the civil service being based there.

23. maya

maya timewasting fool (in every universe)

fuck, that is truly horrible- if it's true :(
    i'd trust the BBC more, as a reliable source- i wouldn't believe uncritically everything Sky reports, so stick with the uk media and see what can be confirmed

24. starfish2000

starfish2000 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know about the regions. I've tried to Access BBC Manchester & Liverpool pages & there down. I'd heard rumblings at work about something happening in Manchester. I don't want to panic anyone. But do any Urbanites know?

25. mysterygirl

mysterygirl Stealth visit from work

BBC ticker reported earlier the tube system will be shut for the remainder of the day, although I guess there's no reason they couldn't change their minds about that later in the day.

26. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

just talked to a mate, she walked from here (dalston) to elephant and castle and there were buses running to brixton - she lives in tooting but got it anyway...

27. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

This is the first actual confirmation of a controlled explosion in SW7 that I've seen.

There are a lot of houses like that in the area, but it looks like one of those very near the tube station. One or two of them are embassies or consulates.

28. Cambazola

Cambazola Filthy lazy dole scum

There have been an unusually high number of police and ambulances going up Princess Parkway towards Manchester city centre. I expect it's just a precaution though.

29. I could not take the tube after what has happened. I'm quite freaked out.

30. jugularvein

jugularvein extra

i'm glad that it sounds like they're resuming services. bastards can't stop us