1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July 2005 London bomb blasts: UPDATES AND NEWS ONLY - NO DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'war on terror' started by energy release, Jul 7, 2005.

1. maya

maya timewasting fool (in every universe)

2. frogwoman

frogwoman Whatever's meant to go here.

one bus in russell square too, it has been confirmed.

3. knopf

knopf Banned Banned

No buses, no tube, no DLR. Just found out overland services are still running, so there should be trains from London Bridge to Lewisham, but I'm not sure I fancy going to London Bridge.

Especially since the "first the tubes, then the buses" thing appears to have been planned to cause maximum casualties. :(

4. Thats the Bulldog spirit!!!! Bombs going off and general panic, and we wonder how we're going to get home!!

(This isn't a complaint or a mickey take - I think it sums up the spirit quite nicely. Its like that scene in Carry On India, or whichever one it was, when the embassy was being bombed during tea time)

5. St Elsewhere

St Elsewhere Banned Banned

?

6. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Email spammers have jumped on this it seems, a mate just recieved this:

"Security alert: Your local bank branch has been destroyed, please e-mail us your details urgently"

7. flimsier

flimsier Banned Banned

I contacted an old flatmate in Great Ormond St who I lived with there years ago. He works for 5live as a producer now and slept through it until he heard lots of ambulance sirens.

I'd fallen out with him and not spoken to him for about 3 years.

8. dormouse

dormouse back

I suspect they aren't taking any chances with 'suspect packages' - whether bombs or not.

9. Wess

Wess teigh trasna ort fein!

I posted the 50 because it was broudcast on the TV just now on SBS World news Aust....hopefully they are wrong (and I should have checked on the net)

sorry...I should have confirmed it myself.

lets just hope not.

10. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

mrs21 is still stuck in peterborough - no trains running back into london, she's having to get a bus or train over the stansted and try and get a bus closer to london...mobile phone reception was a bit patchy she got cut off...i'll probably have to drive up to stansted top pick her up...

11. maya

sorry, we just have a problem with dubious posters spamming and i thought you were one of them,
    as the daily (hate) mail isn't exactly a credible source,
    but apologies if you were sincere

mods say "no more posting up wild rumours", though-

12. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

Incom,pelte, unreliable information coming atcha from SW7

I can't confirm anything.

But I'm safe, and so is everyone here. My empoloyers (a 'major heritage institution' ;) ) briefly did an emergency internal evacuation of all visitors and staff into a large central gallery furthest away from any external roads. Security people here told us that this was on Police advice.

The mini evacuation only lasted max. 20 minutes though. People are being allowed to leave the gallery and go around the rest of the building, and back to their offices, and indeed are being allowed to leave the building (although part of the SK area, maybe around the Tube but I can't confirm, is APPARANTLY still taped off).

I can go out into the street, and head towards Knightsbridge and Harrods though, should I so want. I don't.

13. jugularvein

jugularvein extra

how will get from luton into central london tonight at 11pm???
    selfish i know...

14. frogwoman

frogwoman Whatever's meant to go here.

I feel so angry :mad: these people are going to hell

15. PacificOcean

PacificOcean Unhinged User

ITV news saying 150 seriously injured.

16. bgdancingbear

bgdancingbear What a "magnificent cock"

FOR NEWS ONLY

17. Juice Terry

Juice Terry rama lama fa fa fa

Just had a wander right round Canary Wharf and couldn't see any evidence of anything having happened. Loads of security and cops and but quieter than usual. Most shops in the shopping centre closed. We've been told to remain in the office for the time being.

18. St Elsewhere

St Elsewhere Banned Banned

Oh Ok

19. Major Tom

Major Tom Mentalist Wierdo RIP

20. tom k&e

tom k&e Banned Banned

21. Wookey

Wookey Playful as a pussy cat

PLUS: BUSH TO SPEAK LIVE FROM EDINBURGH

22. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

Charles Clarke said Woburn Place which is between Russell Sq. and Tavistock St. which may have led to the '3 buses' confusion.

23. flimsier

flimsier Banned Banned

PM making a joint statement.

24. maya

blair + bush on CNN now

25. corporate whore

corporate whore oh, thought you were dead

If this helps anyone trying to get home.. from my seat I can see Herne Hill train station - seems trains are running both in and out of London Victoria, and Thameslink services are working, at least in a southerly direction, but with delays. I'd be very surprised if the latter are going as far as Kings X running north.

26. flimsier

flimsier Banned Banned

My wife works for Reuters at Canary Wharf. I thought they'd all left!

27. Lisarocket

Lisarocket In bed with me dinner

G8 Statement being read by Blair on TV now. Bush standing behind trying to look solemn....cunt :mad:

28. citydreams

citydreams on the road again

Got the contigency team in TfL telling us no central line stations look like they will be opened. We're having an update from Bob Kiley at 2pm

29. stroober

stroober yonder

Tony b on news again

joint G8 statment

30. maya

new statements on tv now