Jordan

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by teqniq, Nov 16, 2012.

1. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

With all the woes going on right next door the news from Jordan seems to be going largely unnoticed. There have been a few demos over the last year or so but nothing on the scale of today. The dissatisfaction appears to have been given focus by a hike in the price of fuel both for cooking and transportation with people openly calling for the Jordanian King Abdullah II to go:

2. dylans

dylans overlord of all acorns

Great. Another pro Israeli collaborator on the ropes. He can join Mubarak in prison

nino_savatte likes this.
  3. TruXta

TruXta tired

Anecdotal, but I worked with a u/c Jordanian when I was in Abu Dhabi earlier this year and he basically said whoever could afford it were leaving the country, expecting a shit-storm down the line.

4. DrRingDing

DrRingDing 'anti-human wanker'

Oh, I'll prob be heading to Jordan soon.

I wonder what this will turn out to be.

5. dylans

dylans overlord of all acorns

[​IMG]
    Quite a lot of angry people in Amman

6. junglevip

junglevip Marijuana leads to heron

I thought this thread was gonna be about that spotty lady with the big norks:(

7. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

Understandable with 'current affairs' being in the forum category.

8. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

is there any mechanism for King removal in Jordan that doesn't involve regicide? aside from stepping down to let a more popular and liked figure in to the throne?

9. Balbi

Balbi Hey, Dean Yager!

Jordan's a big conduit for communication with Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran - with Syria being off the radar, Egypt too - there could be nervousness about another western ally being deposed. The spring continue to springeth.

frogwoman likes this.
  10. junglevip

junglevip Marijuana leads to heron

Indeed

11. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

12. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered

13. teqniq

teqniq DisMembered