1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jonathan Bishop, Welsh Labour and Bulletin Boards

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by llantwit, Aug 15, 2007.

1. meurig

meurig Agent Raconteur

Applying or paying? Joining the BCS isn't exactly being called to the bar. And if you had any idea at all about how the IT industry works then you wouldn't dream of suggesting it.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

How much do you think all this would cost to set up, maintain and police, and exactly who make up the "undertakings providing the bulletin board services" who are supposed to be footing the no-doubt colossal bill?
    Could you give me the full title of that book please? Did you nominate yourself or was it your fawning friend 'John Morton' again?

Your page says that you were recognised as a "Top 10 UK Innovator by the New Statesman". Have you a link for that?

3. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

Still ignoring all my questions then :D

4. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

You clearly have no understanding of the legislative process of the EU, and I don't have time to teach you. Don't come back until you've understood "transposition" in this context.

5. toggle

toggle wobbly

you're not the only one being ignored.

I'm still waiting for a response to my comments about his inability to correctly use citations

as well as how his proposals would limit web access to the most needy and vulnerable in society

:D

6. kabbes

kabbes kabbes?

So, jonathan, do you also have an EU-enforced right to join my local village cricket team?

7. phildwyer

phildwyer Gorau arf arf dysg

Hang on Jonathan, are you denyıng that ıt was you who posted the cıtatıons from your own artıcle on Wıkıpedıa?

Thats a very bad thıng to do. It undermınes the whole concept of Wıkıpedıa. What ıf everyone dıd that--ıt would be chaos.

So: dıd you do ıt, and ıf so why?

8. kabbes

kabbes kabbes?

Egotistical maniac?

9. bonathanjishop

bonathanjishop Banned Banned

I think you'll find that if a Member State doesn't transpose a directive into their national laws that the Commission can take action against that Member State. But it could be the case that a Regulation may be more appropriate for this type of legislation.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You can post up as much waffle as you like, but it won't stop your assertion that you have an EU-enshrined 'right' to post on these boards being 100% wrong.

Now don't forget all those questions you've been asked. After all, you keep telling us you're the biggest expert here.....

11. kabbes

kabbes kabbes?

I admire your restraint, ed, in that it would be SO easy to prove just how wrong he is simply by banning him! :D

12. bonathanjishop

I have a right, as anyone does, under Article 11 of the European Convention on Human Rights. It may be that there are certain rules that bar me from being a member, but I still have the right - the government can't tell me that I can't join, but the club members have the right to refuse to associate with me under Article 11, as set out in the ASLEF case.

13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

The mods have an absolute right to ban you off these boards any time they fancy, sunshine.

And if you went off to the EU courts insisting that support your legal 'right' to post here, they'd laugh in your face and probably throw things at you to make you go away.

I note you still haven't answered any of those 'awkward' questions posed by me and others. No doubt you'll trumpet on about some insignificant and irrelevant 'achievement' of yours instead.

14. bonathanjishop

You keep telling me that I'm the "biggest" expert here. I'm still waiting for the so-called 'professionally qualified' people who 'know more than me' to refute my arguments.

I am not willing to be drawn into infantile debates, but if you want to cite cases which go against what I claim then I'll gladly look into them.

With regards to the "right to peaceful assembly" I suggest that you look it up in the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) and not the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU). I would actually like the ECHR to become the 'Supreme Court of the European Union', but thats another debate.

15. el-ahrairah

el-ahrairah forward communism, forward gerbils!

god are you still posting you jumped-up boring little self-inflated internet policeman. go and get a fucking life, you sanctimonious joyless bigot. piss off back to sock-puppetting your no-mark authoritarian fantasies on wikipedia ffs.

16. kabbes

kabbes kabbes?

Well there's your answer then. The government can't stop you joining a bulletin board, but the organisers of that bulletin board can refuse to associate with you (i.e. ban you) any time they want.

And I didn't even need to be in the top 5% of a half-baked Masters in Law course to get to the answer either.

17. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

Your 'arguments' such as they are have been repeatedly demolished.

You're not willing to get into any kind of debate. You just assert something and when questioned fly off into "I have this qualification" land. You've failed to back up any of your flaky suggestions.

18. bonathanjishop

But it wouldn't, go back and read my posts and the ASLEF case and you'll see why! I don't have to be a member of this board to have a right to be a member of it. The Admin could ban me, I could never use it again, and I'd still have the right to join it if I wished.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You haven't presented any coherent arguments. You've just thrown up a succession of random unrelated facts and endless boasts about your utterly irrelevant personal 'achievements' while failing miserably to support your bonkers claims.

You have no legal right to post on these boards. None whatsoever.

Oh, and about your claim to have been recognised as a Top 10 UK Innovator by the New Statesman". Have you a link for that?

20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

No, you wouldn't.

The site admins have the right to ban you - and any of your sock puppets, or your IP address, or your domain or anything else we fancy - for as long as we like and you'd have ZERO legal recourse.

21. bonathanjishop

Kabbes gets the gold star. Now do you think the others will get it?

22. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

You've successfully argued against your own position and now admit you're wrong. Well done.

23. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

The 'action' being?

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

:facepalm:

:D

25. claphamboy

claphamboy The wheels on the bus go round and round....

You can see why he’s a ‘politician’.

What a twat. :facepalm:

26. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Mostly clicking, some typing.

I think this comes down to definitions. You seem to be defining "human right" as "anything that the government doesn't legislate against you doing", e.g. going to the moon.

Most people would probably not agree that "going to the moon" was a "human right".

Would that be an accurate interpretation?

27. bonathanjishop

You're right that you have the right to ban me, but that doesn't mean I have no legal recourse, nor no longer have the right to apply to join again. Firstly I would have to look at the terms of the contract I signed with you to use this service, and secondly I would have to consider whether there was any evidence of discrimination, such as by you failing to make reasonable adjustments in order for me to access this service.

You may wish to note that if you were one of only 5 messageboards in the EU, in which you all had an equal market share, you might be committing an abuse under competition law for refusing to deal, as this could be considered a professional networking site by virtue of it asking for people's occupation. If the others also banned me based on your actions, it may be considered an abusive practice also.

28. el-ahrairah

el-ahrairah forward communism, forward gerbils!

he makes a number of common politician's errors, tbh. you can tell from his posts he wanks off to fantasies in which all the proles bow down before their rightful master and all the poshos pay him lots of money to do their bidding.

29. toggle

toggle wobbly

erm.

is there anything of any relavence at all in the second half of this post, or are you trying to show off again.

how many message boards do you think there are in the eu?

30. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Or you could just admit you're wrong and stop digging.

This is a private board. You have no EU-enshrined right to post here, and no legal recourse if you are booted off.

None at all. Zero. Zilch. Nada.