1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jonathan Bishop, Welsh Labour and Bulletin Boards

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by llantwit, Aug 15, 2007.

1. toggle

toggle wobbly

people thinking you are a twat and refusing to go along with your twattery isn't evidence of discrimination. People pointing out that claims you are better qualified than them isn't winning a debate isn't discrimination. People asking you to provide actual support for your positions rather than using citations that point out that your position is flawed isn't discrimination. Pointing out that your positions would be fundamentally damaging to vulnerable people isn't discrimination.

I'm going to add something else here as well, using your disability as a way in which to try to win a debate in this manner is a really shitty thing to do.

2. bonathanjishop

bonathanjishop Banned Banned

Lazy Llama gets the gold star and fractionMan has to go to the back of the class.

Most types of European law place obligations on the government. So yes, as the ASLEF case makes clear, the government has little right to interfere in people's right to (or not to) associate. Article 11 gives people a human right to associate, and also a human right not to associate. So even when someone doesn't want to associate, you still have a right to associate.

The debate on going to the moon as a right is outside my area of knowledge, as I haven't read into the new section of the Lisbon Treaty on Space or other international laws on the frontier that is Space.

Basically, you have a right to do anything until you give that right up or the government tells you that you can't do it. The government is not legally allowed to stop you doing things that they have sign up to in the EU Treaty or the European Convention on Human Rights, which say they can't stop you doing.

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It is not a one of only 5 messageboards in the EU
    It is not a professional networking site
    People are under no obligation to fill in their occupation
    We can ban who we like, when we like

It's clear that you haven't a clue what you're taking about here, and this latest floundering piece of obfuscation is only showing how desperately out of your depth you are. You really should seriously consider the "stop digging" option now.

Oh, and have you a link for your New Statesman award yet?

4. toggle

toggle wobbly

that makes no sense at all. can you rewrite that in English please mr expert.

5. claphamboy

claphamboy The wheels on the bus go round and round....

Unbelievable, no wonder you can only amass 35 followers on twitter.

6. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

For such a leading public figure in the socio-legal, info-scientific and economic solutions to issues affecting techno-cultural communities, both organic and virtual and a pioneer in educational technology and online community development, he arrived well late to that party too.

7. toggle

toggle wobbly

he's already learnt that screwing over the most vulnerable in society is irrelevant as long as it gets him something to control.

8. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Seriously? This is where the long and winding path leads? The fact that the government can't tell you not to join this message board?

That doesn't actually protect your right to post here, you know. It just stops one avenue of infringement of that right, i.e. the government. And I'd say that the fact that this one avenue of infringement is blocked it has pretty much nothing to do with anything else discussed in this thread or raised by you or others. It's a total distraction.

9. toggle

toggle wobbly

of course it is.

he knows he's talking shite, so tries to change the subject

10. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

Have you declared a disability?

11. el-ahrairah

el-ahrairah forward communism, forward gerbils!

too busy wanking over the bodies of the plebs.

12. bonathanjishop

Somewhere between posts 224 and 227.

13. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

TBH that amazes me - there are probably ten times that laughing at this thread alone, and twenty times it thinking "FFS stop digging".

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yep, He's employing the time honoured politician's trick of refusing to answer tricky questions and then just blathering away furiously and trying to change the subject rather than admit that he's got it totally wrong.

Which he so very clearly has.

15. toggle

toggle wobbly

it's also a time honoured student trick.

bleat on about anything vaguely related to the subject rather than answer the bloody question. you would have thought someone with his qualifications would have learnt not to do this by now

16. claphamboy

claphamboy The wheels on the bus go round and round....

He would be hopeless on Newsnight.

17. agricola

Nonsense, he would be by far the most entertaining guest they have ever had on the programme. Paxo would probably spontaneously combust during the interview.

18. mattie

mattie missing in inaction

19. bonathanjishop

Like he does with all Welsh people ;)

20. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Have you turned into a flirt?

21. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

This is the only post in that range of 5, that might be relevant: http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10733589&postcount=227

So... are you saying you are disabled? Even in that post you weren't saying that you were disabled, needing 'reasonable adjustments'. If you're disabled, just clarify mun.

22. toggle

toggle wobbly

23. rollinder

rollinder Dont walk away in silence

snert flirt?:D

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Any chance of answering the questions people have asked, or are you hoping that your new policy of just turning up to spout some more irrelevant nonsense is going to work as an effective damage limitation policy?

25. meurig

meurig Agent Raconteur

[/quote]

More accurately everywhere between post 1 and whenever he last posts on this thread.

26. Col_Buendia

Col_Buendia sort code

It is me, sorry Zog. I've been meaning to tell you, but we're finished, you and me. Jonathan's ex's parents have taken me in and helped me through the living hell of cheap replica designer clothes with large doses of White Lightening.

I realise that you've always known me as Col_Buendia, but I'm also ColonelBuendia99, and in fact I've also registered all the ColonelAurelianoBuendias from 1 thru 246 in case my identity gets rumbled and I need to move on to a fresh username.

So c'mon Ed, ban me motherfucker. I'll be back tomorrow as Col_Buendia2 before you've even finished your rice crispies and you'll never know thanks to the joys of internet anonymity :D

27. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

Any chance you've addressed any of the questions I've asked or points I've raised jb?

No, I thought not.

The sad thing is you're so deluded you probably think you're winning here :(

28. moochedit

moochedit Mr Mooched It

29. agricola

The question that must surely be asked is - what were the terms of that bet?

Bearing in mind the 99 people following that group, as well as the 25236 people who did not vote for Mike Powell in the General Election (being some way less than 42000), and bearing in mind the idiocy of the bouncing of this thread, I would hazard a guess that he promised to "make a twat of himself on that Urban75" if he lost.

edit: also JB please accept my friend invite

30. laptop

laptop Freudenschade

Does the Representation of the People Act still outlaw "do not vote X" campaigning?

What a clever way to get around it. I bet Jonathan is so proud of himself.