1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jonathan Bishop, Welsh Labour and Bulletin Boards

Discussion in 'Wales/Cymru' started by llantwit, Aug 15, 2007.

1. llantwit

llantwit 

Anyone else hear about this?

(Please note: the opening post was edited at the request of Jonathan Bishop and we obliged more out of pity than anything else.

However, he then went on to demand that the entire thread be censored because he made such an arse of himself.)

Naturally, we ignored him,)

2. lewislewis

lewislewis Lumumba Cymru

Wouldn't surprise me, RCT Labour is pretty nasty and sectarian.

3. bonathanjishop

bonathanjishop Banned Banned

Nonsense

This article is complete nonsense.

I have taken legal action against a County Councillor who posted something on the Pontytown.co.uk defaming me, as is set out on my website:
    http://jonathanbishop.org.uk/index.php/98/court-proves-there-was-no-deal-between-plaid-and-labour/

I have not tried to shutdown any website. I do however feel websites need to have better authentication of people's true identities, as I set out in this speech:

The firm alluded to in the article that I run, which provides web development services, is in fact a not-for-profit and not for personal gain. It has as its purpose the objective to encourage participation in sports, science, engineering and the arts through selling commercial IT services and spending the surplus on community and research projects.
    Media coverage on one of our projects is viewable here:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/welsh/hi/newsid_8230000/newsid_8234900/8234996.stm

I hope this has cleared the matter up, and that anything questioning my integrity will be treated as being said in bad faith. Thanks.

4. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

a big bump on this one.

5. Proper Tidy

Proper Tidy I killed a man

Mental, three years later

6. Mrs Magpie

Mrs Magpie On a bit of break...

Obviously a man who moves with lightning speed.

7. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Daft idea. And unworkable too.

8. lewislewis

lewislewis Lumumba Cymru

Three year bump.

9. bonathanjishop

bonathanjishop Banned Banned

Depends on who you ask

Well, if you read the European Commission's recently published document, 'A Digital Agenda for Europe', they are now talking about revising the laws on digital signatures, so it may not be far off.

With regards to replying three years after the post was made, it was only today I found it. I don't think it was unreasonable for me to have a right to respond to it now, particularly as it is available to those who search for 'Jonathan Bishop Labour Ponty Town' in a search engine.

10. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Vanity google.

11. Mrs Magpie

OK, a man who has only googled himself once.

*rubs chin and nods head*

12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So you think that people shouldn't be allowed to post anything on the web unless it comes with a government-approved, self-identifying 'digital signature,' yes?

Do you think there's many people doing just that? Or maybe it might be just you?

13. Mrs Magpie

I never realised the comic potential of this thread until today. I get my laughs where I can.

14. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

don't try and rule the internet JB! the internet will always win

15. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

I wish I had sound on this PC, although watching the funny looking man is amusing enough for now.

Oooh, he just held up his finger and pointed at the ceiling.

He sort of sways from side to side a bit too. Perhaps he needed the toilet.

16. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

lol

Shame he's not very good at css. I can't read the rest.

17. lewislewis

lewislewis Lumumba Cymru

It's usually considered bad forum etiquette to bump threads that are years old just to reply to them.

18. el-ahrairah

el-ahrairah forward communism, forward gerbils!

What a nobber. I'd never vote for anyone that egocentric and ignorant.

19. 19sixtysix

19sixtysix Life as viewed from a Gay Gorbals Garret

From his web site
    "Jonathan Bishop is a leading public figure in the socio-legal, info-scientific and economic solutions to issues affecting techno-cultural communities, both organic and virtual. A pioneer in educational technology and online community development, the achievements of Jonathan Bishop includes the Circle of Friends social networking technology and the PARLE e-learning system. He is committed to making further significant contributions to society."

A leading practitioner in hyphenated arrogant bollox more like.

:D:facepalm:

20. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

Wow. I just read his blog:

He really is full of himself

21. el-ahrairah

el-ahrairah forward communism, forward gerbils!

how old is he? if he's over 15 he has no excuse. people like these arrogant morons shouldn't be allowed into politics.

22. fractionMan

fractionMan Custom Title

Funny that.

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I wonder what online communities he's "developed"?

24. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

This thread is proving to be a classic illustration of the 'Streisand effect' now to be called the 'Jonathan Bishop effect' here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

25. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

regretting the bump yet JB? :D :facepalm:

26. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

bit like that boomtown fair lot as well!
    one of them even pm'd me asking how best to get a thread deleted as they didn't like the way it was going

27. phildwyer

phildwyer Gorau arf arf dysg

The spirit of NuLabor PLC:

"At the age of about 12 Jonathan went to college to learn astrology, which he used to sell astrological profiles to adults to raise extra pocket money. At the age of 15 he gave up drama school to study business at college, where he convinced his peers and tutor to set up a Young Enterprise company, in which he held the positions of Company Secretary and Finance Director, a combination he would later repeat to great effect in a limited company co-founded in adulthood."

Nye Bevan turns in his grave.

28. zog

zog wants to be an aardvark

What can I say? this fella comes over as a total twat.

Good use of the web JB

29. fogbat

fogbat The Talibum

It's so unfair. I'm clearly better than everyone else, and I keep pointing this out to them, but they still won't pick me. What's wrong with them?

Oh, and astrologylol :D

30. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

:facepalm: oh dear!
    you think he'd fit better with the Welsh conservatives init! they would surely respect him and his enterprising spirit