1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Johnny hallyday est malade :-(

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by gentlegreen, Dec 11, 2009.

1. SaskiaJayne

SaskiaJayne Rural Guerrilla

He spoke fluent English but I don’t think he ever sang in English.

2. charlie mowbray

charlie mowbray The Enforcer

If people are writing shite poems at least get Brel's first name right. It was Jacques.

gentlegreen likes this.
  3. SaskiaJayne

I searched youtube for Johnny Hallyday tribute acts but they were all so shit I didn’t post any. :D

4. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I knew very little about him. Like 98.7% of UK people, in a made-up but highly likely to be true stattistic ;) I'd never heard a thing he sang :oops:

So I thought it was a good idea to read Johnny Hallyday's obituary -- and I'm glad I did, it's fascinating.

Nanker Phelge likes this.
  5. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

He's getting a spectacular send-off in Paris ...
    _99136516_hi043478282.jpg

6. Idris2002

Idris2002 A kick up the Arás

Listening to this now, it's actually not bad, esp. the French version of "Fortunate Son":

7. SaskiaJayne

It’s like a state funeral. Can’t see Cliff Richard getting this when he goes. :D

gentlegreen likes this.
  8. SaskiaJayne

It’s live on BFMTV The French news station right now.

9. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

A French teacher I once had, claimed that we in the UK and USA had the way with the (rock) music, but the French had the lyrics ...

SaskiaJayne likes this.
  10. SaskiaJayne

That funeral was gobsmaking. Macron was there. The UK has probably produced some of the greatest music in the history of the world but I’m sure no UK artist could hope for a send off like that with that amount of mourners. I’ve always known about Johnny & I've always known he was big in France but I never realised he was that big. It’s true enough not all French folk are fans. Most I know dismissed him as a tax dodger. :D

11. gentlegreen

gentlegreen Sproutarian.

As a singer, he's more Tom Jones than Cliff Richard ...

SaskiaJayne likes this.