Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Jethro Tull: crap or not crap?

Meltingpot

Living in our pools we soon forget about the sea
This band obviously divides opinions on here, so I'm interested in what people think. Is Ian Anderson the greatest frontman ever, or is it time he retired to his salmon farm for good? And if you like the band, do you like their more recent stuff better than the oldies, or vice versa?

Over to you....

sojourner

Where's me readers?
Fucking out and out SHITE

I had an ex who only ever listened to one album - fucking Aqualung. I hated it so much I took it out the case and buried it amongst my collection, never to be found again :cool:

I'd shove that fucking flute up his arse if I saw him. The cunt.

sim667

Licking windows on the 303 bus.
Fucking out and out SHITE

I had an ex who only ever listened to one album - fucking Aqualung. I hated it so much I took it out the case and buried it amongst my collection, never to be found again :cool:

I'd shove that fucking flute up his arse if I saw him. The cunt.
Aqualung is a great album though.

Songs from the wood is my favourite.

Meltingpot

Ahem:

http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/threads/177745-Jethro-Tull
http://www.urban75.net/vbulletin/threads/133273-the-all-new-Jethro-Tull-poll

And similar discussion on many, many, many other threads.

Oh and if you were halfway clued-up, Anderson sold his estate, salmon farm and other fisheries interests quite a few years ago.

:p
They get a lot of mentions in passing, but I couldn't find any recent threads. And if you revisit an old thread you get told off for "bumping."

Anyway, I don't claim to be "clued up" on Jethro Tull; life's too short IMO. There are many many things in this world you're no worse off for not knowing, and the current financial / business status of members of the rock "aristocracy" is surely one of them.

Meltingpot

Thanks to everyone else who's posted. I haven't heard much of their 80's and later stuff but I agree with sim667 that "Songs From The Wood" is a good album.

Meltingpot

I'm not that much of a fan of the Tull but this is good:

Yeah, that one's on the early 70's compilation "Living In The Past" along with a few of their singles from that period such as the title track, "Life Is A Long Song" and "Sweet Dream". All good stuff IMO.