1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeremy Corbyn's time is up

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by hash tag, Jun 24, 2016.

1. bemused

bemused Well-Known Member

They name Lynton Crosby dictator for the year of the election, find a terribly nice posh person as leader and give Rupert the best blowjob he's had in a few years.

2. hipipol

hipipol Peckham Wry

at the moment its best to just let the Tories tear themselves apart, he is smart enough to know that these weasels are very good at defending against external "enemies". However, so focused are they on attack that merely keeping quiet at the moment allows them to tear into each other. Not silent for ever, but just while they continue to unravel......

SaskiaJayne likes this.
  3. hipipol

hipipol Peckham Wry

He has always been a Bennite, personally, that fact that he mumbled his way thru some pathetic Remain charade make him little better than May

4. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

I'm not impressed by this sort of gamesmanship tbh. It reminds me too much of the blairite era. But realistically, it's his best option.

BemusedbyLife and hipipol like this.
  5. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

They can phone young people as much as they like, but the vast majority of them aren't going to answer. Even fewer will bother with the screening questions. Then your weighting will skew the results due to only having three respondents under 30.

Pollsters aren't stupid but they can't force people to take part either.

Nylock, xenon and muscovyduck like this.
  6. J Ed

J Ed I remember the future

7. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Absolute nonsense. The people that turnout for local elections may not be the same as those you turnout for general. Look at the high turnout for Obama's elections compared with the midterms during his tenure.

Slo-mo, xenon, muscovyduck and 2 others like this.
  8. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

this is better than pmq's or the rally speeches. He said jehovah neoliberalism!

The Pale King likes this.
  9. J Ed

Yeah he quotes Sankara and Allende as well.

The Pale King likes this.
  10. scifisam

It's not completely irrelevant but yeah, there are differences that need to be taken into account. One huge difference obviously is that EU citizens can vote.

11. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

For now ....

12. scifisam

Yes, but that won't have changed by next year's general elections.

Oh, and 16 year olds can vote too in Scotland. (So can Commonwealth citizens but I don't think they'd necessarily vote differently to British citizens in the same demographic).

Pickman's model likes this.
  13. William of Walworth

I know, and as we all know (re EU citizens in the UK) that'll still be the case for a while yet too. Was just saying though .....

14. J Ed

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  15. William of Walworth

Just read the full text. That's a genuinely radical speech -- big respect :)

16. Geri

Geri wasn't born to follow

He's a fucking hypocrite.

So are you.

17. Slo-mo

Slo-mo Well-Known Member

And they may not vote in the same way either. For example my local Labour council are awful and I'm definitely voting against them next May. But there is no way I'm voting for anyone but Corbyn at the next general.

SaskiaJayne likes this.
  18. William of Walworth

If that was aimed at me (admittedly It may not be?), I don't get your point :confused:

Pickman's model likes this.
  19. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

A cold wind blows in from the north*:

* N1

20. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

Come on William it's pretty clear Geri was calling Corbyn a hypocrite considering that was who she was quoting in her post

21. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I'd been worrying that Nick was going soft, what with only mentioning JC in, like, paragraph 6 or something in some of his recent pieces - good to see that he's back on form now. Corbyn right in the fucking subhead, boom. Para 2, he's fucking Stalin again and also a Nazi. I am the only real leftie, Twitter fascists, kids today are Leninists, you're thick or evil if you support Labour.

22. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

This is the relatable content that we want dammit.

23. killer b

killer b Gazing vacantly at a plate of mince

Cohen and the people he writes for are the most hermetically sealed bubble I've ever seen.

Rimbaud, The Pale King and J Ed like this.
  24. William of Walworth

She also said 'So are you' though :hmm:

25. SaskiaJayne

SaskiaJayne Rural Guerrilla

I don’t think many ordinary folk with busy lives read that sort of stuff though.

26. Geri

Geri wasn't born to follow

Sorry, that was to Corbyn.

27. binka

binka !!!!!!!!!

28. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Upsetting for a Blairite, such as yourself. :)

As for "soft left", a vain attempt to re-brand the Progress stooges and their fellow-travellers, I'm afraid.

NoXion likes this.
  29. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Crosby is out-of-favour after the Tory "we'll increase our majority massively" clusterfuck. Be a shame if the reptilian Antipodean sock-fucker loses his aura of invincibility. A real crying shame...

Libertad and Nylock like this.
  30. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

scifisam likes this.