Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Japan! Tokyo!

Dr. Furface

One small step for man
11F1D775-4464-4D7A-8F4F-873AFFA0FAC6.jpeg F1898878-6C02-411A-A4FA-B4AB9E6FCE21.jpeg AC537D7B-104D-4B54-A3EA-DA59B478B9D6.jpeg I was there in May and went to the sumo (it’s on in Tokyo in Jan, May and Sept). Book ahead if you want to go as tix not available on the day. It’s not cheap, so if you don’t fancy paying for it you can at least just go down there and see them going to the arena outside - they’re quite a sight out in the street

krtek a houby

Share knowledge, don't weaponize it
View attachment 193986 View attachment 193987 View attachment 193988 I was there in May and went to the sumo (it’s on in Tokyo in Jan, May and Sept). Book ahead if you want to go as tix not available on the day. It’s not cheap, so if you don’t fancy paying for it you can at least just go down there and see them going to the arena outside - they’re quite a sight out in the street
It's a great experience, and you can get headphones at the venue for an English translation. It's also worth checking out the sumo meals they serve there.

ATOMIC SUPLEX

I thought that was koenji!! Home of the fab green apple, and UFO club (10 minutes walk from koenji JR station or near a massively inconvenient chikatetsu.)
Also home of the koenji guest House, which is probably the cheapest and low budget traveler place to stay in all of Tokyo. Bitter sweet memories, and I'm not as mad keen on the market streets as I would have hoped.
Some crazy drinking establishments though, and my favourite karaoke venue (drink as much Nihon Shu (sake) as you can in two hours for 2000 yens (probably about £15).

ATOMIC SUPLEX

For a bit of culture shock reversal, I have some of my 'never left Japan, barely ever left Tokyo' relatives coming to stay. I wonder what they will do. They will probably think my house is huge!!