1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jamaica - fastest nation on earth!!

Discussion in 'Olympics 2008' started by marty21, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Madusa

Madusa Baller

*chuckle* :D

2. Firky

Firky The first of the gang Banned

self appointed race relations officer, get it right :rolleyes:

3. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

Erm.....:hmm:

No you get it right, at least. :p

4. Madusa

Madusa Baller

do you not mean 'diary'? wtf is 'diay'? :rolleyes:

5. Firky

Shit. How many times have you pointed out something like that? :D

(Brilliant album btw, you'd hate it though :( )

6. Madusa

Madusa Baller

Where would you be without me, eh? :p

7. Firky

Loved by chickens of the world? ;)

8. Madusa

Madusa Baller

something like that.

9. Firky

[​IMG]

(another quality tune :D)

10. Rutita1

Best not to run before you can walk I :)

11. Firky

That's a quality song, you hear samples of the guitar all over other dancehall and jungle tunes. I was amazed to hear Dr Alimantado in the film Hancock! :eek:

12. Rutita1

Oh rly? :eek:

13. Firky

14. ymu

ymu Niall Ferguson's deep-cover sock-puppet

No, it's not. Not at all. What you are saying is that every great performance is automatically suspect. Taint them all by their success.

You can't go throwing around these sorts of accusations without evidence. And there is no evidence against Bolt - indeed the evidence is that any accusation of drugs is laughable. Anyone who implicates Bolt outs themselves immediately as an anti-drug hysteric and ignorant bigot. Here's why:

1. As JTG has pointed out, Bolt ran 20.2 in the 200m when he was 15 years old. He just set a WR of 19.3, an improvement of 0.9 seconds in 7 years. Hardly suspicious.

2. He cannot have been using the usual sprinter cocktail of steroids and EPO etc to build muscle - because he has no muscles. Linford Christie used drugs to get bulky - Bolt clearly does not:

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. If he's not using drugs to build explosive muscle power - what is he using them for? Is he drinking rocket fuel and lighting his farts on the start line? What conceivable kind of drug could be used in the off-season to produce these results?

So, in summary, you're an idiot. :)

15. exosculate

exosculate a stagger with a beat

He SKIPPED THE LAST 10 METRES and still broke the world record.

Of course its reasonable to assert as a possibility

16. exosculate

I love this back slapping affirmation of each others prejudice. You both don't like a certain suggestion so you start putting your blinkers on and back slapping each other like its going out of fashion.

I don't know why rational people bother to be honest.

17. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw "Ride me sideways" was another one

Usain Bolt is a freak of nature - much like Michael Johnson before him (although the body type is very different) - he's 6 foot 5 but he has the kind of fast twitch musculature that all great sprinters need combined with an enormously long stride. I'd love to see what he can do over 400m when he's a wee bit older, assuming he can sustain it over the longer distance.

ETA ach, quoted the wrong post, can't be bothered to change it though.

18. exosculate

If he doesn't fail a drug test in between. He's more Ben Johnston than Michael Johnson in my view.

-------

Frankly I cant be arsed arguing with inverse racism which has been displayed so clearly in this thread, so i think I will stay out of this thread!

19. Rutita1

What prejudice? :confused:

Rational people have had a belly full of the endless insinuations, borderline racist comments and downright stupid things that have been said, so we choose to use humour to relieve the frustration. :)

20. ymu

ymu Niall Ferguson's deep-cover sock-puppet

No it's not, it's not reasonable at all. He's been phenomenally fast since he was a young teenager, hasn't improved his times dramatically in 7 years and does not have the physique produced any known drug regimen for sprinters. It's completely unreasonable to accuse an athlete of cheating purely because they're winning.

(And you mean metres, not minutes. You're putting a lot of thought into these posts. Sure you shouldn't be posting on whatreallyhappened.com? They like frothy-mouthed stuff over there.)

21. exosculate

And there it is, criticising a black person in sport is racist, I wondered how long you would take.

I appreciative your illustration.

Pathetic!

22. exosculate

Yeah METRES im not awake yet.

Surely I should call you an idiot just to keep in with your wonderful style.

23. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

The guy's got an enormous stride, of course he's going to look like he's putting less effort in than the others.

As has been pointed out, he was freakishly quick while he was still in his mid teens, is it that much of a surprise he's improved enough to be the best ever with proper training and conditioning as an adult?

24. Rutita1

:confused: Get a grip mate...read this thread and you will see loads of pathetic comments that IMO very much show people's prejudices, even if some of them were made to get a rise.

Criticising a black person is not racist. You just made that up!:rolleyes:

Pathetic!

25. exosculate

What you say could be true, but an alternative could also be true given the skipping home in Bolts case.

And to suggest so is not wrong.

I have never ever seen such a nonchalant ending to a world record in any sport. ever!

26. exosculate

That's the tone i get specifically from you, madusa and ymu.

That's how it comes across to me.

27. Rutita1

TBH I think you read it how you want to. Loads of other folk on here are making the same jokes, how do you read them?

Bolt jogged the last 10 metres of the 100metres final. People don't like that. He was showboating out of the sheer shock that nobody was anywhere near him. Using that as proof he is doping is a bit of a weak argument.

28. Jessiedog

Jessiedog Keeping the faith.

Until Jamaica have a properly accredited out-of-competion drug-testing programme, it would be foolish not to entertain the possibilty of drug cheating.

Woof

29. quimcunx

quimcunx Too tall.

You can assert that taking drugs is a possibility for any athlete at any level. The temptation to abuse drugs is there for all. Hence all that testing.

However, I see no more reason to assert it for Usain Bolt than any other. As has been said already he is 6'5'' and all legs, but also has the explosive start that is not normally associated with taller athletes. He was extraordinarily fast when he started out (at a time he was very unlikely to have taken performance enhancing drugs) but hasn't improved his time by an extraordinary amount. So, to my mind, there is no reason to automatically assume he is on drugs just because he is so far ahead of the rest of the field.

Your main concern seems to be that he prevailed with such apparent ease and insouciance. Skipping would be more indicitive of recreational drugs and it seems unlikely he had a quick snort just before the start.

30. ScallyWag II

ScallyWag II New Member

Looking at his racing history on wiki he used to run 400m as a youth. With his talent anythings possible!