IWCA anti drug dealing action Oxford

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Red About Town, Mar 19, 2018.

1. The39thStep

The39thStep Well-Known Member

Yup. Not even weed. And I dont like it in pub beer gardens either.

2. TruXta

TruXta tired

I smoke weed but having people smoke around kids just isn't on. Drinking in moderation is OK.

3. Wilf

Wilf Meeting few of his KPIs

All of those things are good and, as mentioned by Sue, things the IWCA have done. But this isn't just about demand for drugs, it's about supply. It would be absurd to have a push on sorting out youth/drugs services whilst giving dealers a free pass in the very community that is affected.

I've only read stuff about IWCA strategies and spoke to a few people a while back. So, no expert, but I don't get a sense of this being a macho, imposed strategy by the IWCA. Instead, a real sense of organising around genuine community concerns. Do you really think communities don't have a right to organise around things that affect them?

The other thing is, this isn't neatly about the community against a completely separate group of people, users and dealers. A number of local anti-drugs groups I've seen have contained people whose kids and relatives have been directly affected.

4. TopCat

TopCat Gone away, no forwarding address

Miserable fucker.

Nigel, Riklet, The39thStep and 2 others like this.
  5. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

I find its the drinkers that spoil pub gardens

kenny g, planetgeli and cantsin like this.