It's the biannual PJ Harvey thread.

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Stanley Edwards, Feb 10, 2013.

1. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

I really want to get hold of this new album from what people are saying! :)

I also want not to be working when she plays at Glastonbury this year :cool:

I vaguely remember seeing her gig there in 1995, the ultra chain-stoner fest for myself and friends, that year, but any other Glasto gigs since, and I know there've been at least one or two, I missed :(

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Jon-of-arc likes this.
  2. William of Walworth

I'm absolutely fine myself with When England Shakes, but I much prefer Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea

Her voice on We Float is beyond amazing :cool:

3. William of Walworth

My 1995 Glasto mention reminds me that I need to dig out Dry from the archive now. Haven't listened to that in years! :oops:

4. Voley

Voley Ramoner

Been listening to it all weekend now. It's fucking great. Gets right under your skin after a few listens. It ain't a fun trip a lot of the time - 'This is how the world will end' - and it's not really what I normally hope to get from a PJ Harvey record but I really rate this one. I love all the call/response stuff with her band - it's got that folk ballad thing that Nick Cave does a lot. 'Chain Of Keys' is a belter; sounds really spooked-out. Love it. And all the 'Wade In The Water' bluesiness of 'River Anacostia.'

I still wonder whether I should persevere with 'Let England Shake.' I seem to be in a minority of about four people on the whole face of the Earth who didn't like that one.

5. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

It did take me a little while of thinking "fuck is this". Now I'm just embarrassing about it.

6. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

Definitely worth another go. In The Dark Places is a personal favourite :cool:

7. S☼I

S☼I those funny little plans that never work out right

I liked it, and played it about twice, with no desire to give it another go.

8. billy_bob

billy_bob contents may have settled during transit

That description has persuaded me I'll probably really like it - thanks.

Voley likes this.
  9. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

A new track for Shane Meadows’ latest series :cool:

Ming likes this.