ITALY vs England

Discussion in 'Euro 2012 championship' started by twistedAM, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

Will John Terry turn up at the semis in his England kit?:hmm:

savoloysam, Wilf and Lo Siento. like this.
  2. Wilf

Wilf Cocksucking Angry Columbo

But when Ian Rush played in Italy, his wife said the bread tasted funny. :(

Maltin likes this.
  3. revol68

revol68 what, fucking what?

Yeah the flatness of the midfield really does mean the only ball is to the flanks and as England dropped deeper, Young and Milner got forced back by Italy's wing backs.

Bringing on Carroll for Welbeck suggested that Roy was happy enough with that and try and steal a goal.

Shameful way for a nation that hosts one of the best leagues in the world to be playing.

4. Wilf

Wilf Cocksucking Angry Columbo

:D

5. Gingerman

It was like living in a foreign country :(

Maltin, revol68 and Wilf like this.
  6. Gingerman

One thing we can all agree on, Mark Lawurenceson is an unfunny tedious sad excuse of a commentator

manny-p and ruffneck23 like this.
  7. Lo Siento.

Lo Siento. Second As Farce

In fairness to Hodgson, he wasn't dealt a great hand with this group of players. I'll be interested to see what conclusions he draws from the whole experience. Since the problems are so widespread it's going to be a bitch to fix.

8. smmudge

smmudge Sissy that walk!

omg tell me about it!! I didn't realise until recently how strange it was that I can still name the entire team of the Euro 96 squad, but only half of 98 and barely any of 00, 02, 04, 06 etcetc.

9. savoloysam

savoloysam Won an argument on the internetz once.

The current crop have nothing on the euro 96 bunch.

manny-p likes this.
  10. Lo Siento.

I was thinking about the extra-time against Germany in that tournament. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I remember us being all over them, and really going for it (that famous Gascoigne chance is in extra-time). A long way from this evening...

savoloysam likes this.
  11. Gingerman

To be fair to Roy he got England out of the group and realistically that was all that was asked for and expected,he'll be given some leyway for the simple fact that he's only been in the job for 2 months,once the WC qualifiers start the honeymoon period will be over.

12. Lo Siento.

Yes. It's a difficult job though.
    We have to play a higher line - which means ditching Terry. We have to press teams in possession higher up the pitch - which means ditching Parker and Gerrard. We have to use the ball more intelligently, certainly in the centre, and really out wide too (I mean we ditched Joe Cole for giving the ball away too easily years back, but Ashley Young makes him look like fucking Xavi).

Big egos to off, and big problems to fix.

13. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

I was surprised at the number of England fans in the crowd they showed wearing the goalie top :hmm: also, the TV director seemed to be in love with Balotelli considering the number of times they went to him.

manny-p likes this.
  14. smmudge

smmudge Sissy that walk!

Yeah I don't remember much of the tournament but I'm sure you're right :oops: (I was a bit younger than you)

15. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

In my memory, it was fairly end to end. Unlike tonight, especially the last 15 minutes.

16. Gingerman

Ah well at least we can enjoy the rest of the tournament without the stress of wondering if England can win it, if Rooney is fit,how the hell is Milner an international, how Germany could've ripped us a new one etc,looking forward to two cracking semis comming up later this week :cool:

17. Gingerman

18. gunneradt

gunneradt Banned Banned

Terry was outstanding tonight

England's best player

19. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

Apparently Joe Hart made the most completed passes for England tonight. :hmm:

20. smmudge

smmudge Sissy that walk!

21. smmudge

smmudge Sissy that walk!

LOL WTF

22. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

23. Lo Siento.

Deeply mediocre player, amazing really that he finished up on the winning team that night, considering England's strike force was Shearer and Sheringham.

24. Gingerman

Only memorable for his surname really :D

Lo Siento. likes this.
  25. Lo Siento.

I was 13, I remember him well :D

Amazingly the playmaker in that German side was Mehmet Scholl :facepalm:

26. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

Again, based on twitter so don't know the veracity of it, but someone posted about the number of qualified coaches in some countries. Said something like Germany 35,000, Italy 29,000; Spain 24,000; England 3,000. :(

27. free spirit

free spirit more tea vicar?

I wonder what defoe's thinking tonight.

I'm not sure trying to use Carroll to batter his way through was the right tactic here, whereas an attacking formation on the break of Defoe, Rooney, young and boy wonder plus Gerrard would have been a pretty scary prospect on the break an hour into the game.

28. Lo Siento.

Amazing given the amount of money in the English game.

29. Maltin

Maltin Well-Known Member

The shame is that most of the money is in the premier league and most of it goes to the players. Whilst they deserve the lion's share, I don't think enough goes to the grassroots game in the country.

30. Lo Siento.

I think the way we were set up, we were always going to end up camped in our half, watching the Italians pass it in front of us. We didn't use the ball very well on the counter-attack but I don't think Defoe rather than Carroll would've made the difference.