1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isthmian League Run-In Thread

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Monkeygrinder's Organ, Mar 23, 2018.

1. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Maybe just for once football could deliver true justice

When we win in the final home game of the season and clinch the title

Its written in the stars (but never on a Mural)

#Believe

2. HELVETICVS

HELVETICVS ILLE QVI PVLSAT SVM

If Leatherhead are deducted 12pts, then the wind will be out of their sails because they'll have nothing to play for. It may have a concomitant effect in matches involving clubs which are still in the running.

Plus, if they are ordered to pay back prize monies from the FA Cup, then they may also be facing a severe financial situation.
    Interesting times.

#IBelieve.

3. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

FYI B365 have now slashed dulwich odds to 7/4 from 9/1 after yesterday’s results. That’s too short now for me.

SDE likes this.
  4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I like today's NLP match report by the Needham Market reporter. "Dulwich Hamlet continued their march towards the Ryman Premier League title". (Two inaccuracies: wrong sponsor and wrong title!)

5. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

That predicts dulwich to win all our last games except away draws at Folkestone and Leatherhead.

That would be extremely good form, considering we’re already 10 league games unbeaten I think!

6. Pink Panther

It also predicts Billericay to win 26 points from their remaining 13 games, which looks more optimistic given their haul of 3 from the last 6!

7. Emmbeee

Emmbeee New Member

I can't see Billericay's form improving though and suspect they might have a few more unexpected slip ups.
    Wheeler may well be a decent coach / manager in his own right but that's not what is going on here.

Who's available to come in and take charge of this dysfunctional bunch and get them playing as a team when they have a match virtually every other day until the end of the season? And is there anyone who is available, willing to work for him, and also capable?

He should have just stepped back and let the cat weasel get on with assembling a decent balanced squad of Isthmian and Conference south players based on their ability.

Hey, at least the players have their junket to Las Vegas to look forward to. I hope the trip doesn't clash with the play offs!

8. HELVETICVS

I don't doubt the young lad's potential, but does he have a Cornish Shovel which is long enough for the digging out of the Club from within a giant fuckhole?

If the rumours are to be believed then morale is poor.
    Their current Win Rate in 2018 is .333 and their Rate of Defeats is .500, equalling their Unbeaten Rate. That's Relegation form, even with a squad which is full of zip & vim - which this ain't.

The BTFC keeper was dreadful v Hendon, directly at fault for 3 goals.
    And this is what he did for t'other:
    Jack Giddens.jpg
    look at his face...look at his fat little face.
    Go on, zoom in and look at his disappointed little face.

They're broken. More broken than the arse ring of my pet bunny rabbit in Spring.

Folkestone is the dark horse, here.
    How come nobody's talking about them being involved in the Title run-in?
    It's not an easy trip at the best of times and their form isn't too shabby - top of the 10-match Form Table with a .600 Win Rate and a .900 Unbeaten Rate.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  9. cambelt

cambelt Well-Known Member

Alan Julian looked like he'd had enough when we beat them. Looked broken, like a devil sick of sin.

iamwithnail likes this.
  10. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

I may have missed your point here (I do that sometimes) but to me he looks like he doesn't give a fck, to the extent that he couldn't even be bollocksed to pretend to try to save it. He doesn't look disappointed to me at all. Just "oh look, they've scored".

But yes, that's just as broken. :thumbs:

11. HELVETICVS

Yes, I must apologise - he can't possibly have been disappointed with himself at all after cashing all those cheques.
    Perhaps that's what weighed him down. Awful performance though and that was the only goal for which the chap wasn't at fault.
    His remonstrations with the Defenders after every goal were good fun, though - perhaps if he watches his own performance?
    Wrong shape for a Goal-keeper, anyway. Right shape for Rugby Football.

Which reminds me, has anyone noticed that virtually all of the BTFC players have the wrong physique for football?
    There's no litheness in the muscle, it's either overtaut & steroidal [most of them] or flabbily going downhill [o'Hara et al].

It's almost like they're spending too much time becoming 'hench', in the vernacular.
    Again, correct shape for Egg-hand but wrong for Foot-ball.

Warning - Tamplin in his pants, general noncing around & overt homoeroticism which is definitely not gay, 'cos this is Essex :
    Watch as Billericay's multimillionaire owner strips to celebrate cup win

12. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Even games played finally. Only a small gap.:hmm:

13. PartisanDulwich

14. PartisanDulwich

Saturday

Burgess Hill Town V Dulwich Hamlet FC
    Enfield Town V Billericay Town
    Folkestone I V Leiston

15. finbarrinz

finbarrinz Active Member

<<Invicta Fan Here In Peace - Lurker Mode On>>

Folkestone

<<Invicta Fan Here In Peace - Lurker Mode Off>>

16. JTee

JTee Well-Known Member

So leatherhead just won 7-0 away at brightlingsea and are only a point off a play off spot. Nana with two goals. Hopefully they’ve used up their goals for the week!

17. Pink Panther

They're the lowest scoring team by a distance of those pushing for promotion.

18. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Dorking v Ricay live on the Back of the Net Facebook page now for any masochists.

Pink Panther likes this.
  19. Pink Panther

I'm not a masochist. I'll just check result at 10pm and hope Billericay have lost!

Dulwich Mishi and StephenMac like this.
  20. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

0-0 half time!

21. StephenMac

Waldren is a very lucky boy to still be on the pitch but Ricay probably should have had a penalty.

22. StephenMac

Turgid game, expected result. Highlight probably Hayden Bird, Merstham's manager, banging on about Sam Deering like he's Ronaldo.

23. jonesyboyo

jonesyboyo Well-Known Member

Rats cocks! A late winner for 'ricay.

24. PartisanDulwich

79th min winning goals for both Billericay & Folkestone
    oh well all to do at Leatherhead

25. David Lower

David Lower Well-Known Member

Please thank @bugpowder_dust for his tweets and the extra motivation to beat you tomorrow. There's thanks for donating your bar takings.

Mark Baker likes this.
  26. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I personally wish Leatherhead well and apologise for any offence.

If we lose, no matter, I will still be buzzing as receipt of those takings will feel like a win.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Heard he's a racist now Ted.

Deering not bird.

28. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

I fucking hate Bradbrook, but that's poor taste. He's not at Leatherhead anymore either.

B.I.G likes this.
  29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They managed their usual haul of yellow cards because they're a dirty fucking team. 3 yellows again/

30. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Never forgive. Never forget.

LANDLORDS of Kingstonian. Scum club.