1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Range Rover Sport the apex in arsehole wheels ?

Discussion in 'transport' started by not-bono-ever, Jan 21, 2017.

?

Is the Range Rover Sport the ultimate in arsehole wheels ?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    53.5%
  2. Yes

20 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Yes

20 vote(s)
    28.2%
  4. Yes

22 vote(s)
    31.0%
  5. No, I have an Audi and I claim that title

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  6. I dont know as I do not drive

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  7. I live in the country and I find it useful for the 2 frosts we get each year

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  8. Comedy Option

7 vote(s)
    9.9%
  9. Fuck you, you snotty middle class cycling shitbag

22 vote(s)
    31.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hash tag

hash tag sickness. now light

Very much so, but that colour that car :facepalm:

2. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Spunky Slug

Yeah, they really should make it fluorescent.

3. hash tag

That colour is the colour of a loud, fuck off car, something that looks and sounds the business. Something a little like this (not a bog average Euro box).
    th.jpg

A380 likes this.
  4. Poi E

Poi E Pessimism: a valuable protection against quackery.

Fucking awful. Used to be one down the road with an Overfinch type of cunts' kit on it that made it look quite fascist. Guy got rid of it as it was always being vandalised. Mind you, it's been a while since BMW made an attractive car. Lovely 850 around the corner that must break the owner's bank to keep running.

A380, weltweit and hash tag like this.
  5. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

I quite like their i8 hybrid.

5A84116E-FD01-44B2-9D97-5BC1873A2D65-10410-00000910B564EF31.jpeg

6. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

A380 likes this.
  7. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Yeah. Because it's not a 4x4 shaped vehicle.

4x4 vehicles are inherently ugly by their nature. No two ways about it. Occasionally the odd one comes out that is not too visually disagreeable, but beauty is not one of their strong points.

IMO they have few strong points in the first place unless one is genuinely using them for their original purpose, but each to their own I guess.

dylanredefined, dessiato and A380 like this.
  8. Poi E

The i8s are nice but a bit too much detailing going on. But yeah, compared to the eurobland rest of the range, really good.

9. Poi E

Agreed. I like her workmanlike honesty of the old Landcruiser 70s
    [​IMG]

coley, A380 and T & P like this.
  10. hash tag

As a concept car it looks better than the real think, but, you can polish a turd.....................

11. hash tag

12. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse Spunky Slug

You are missing the point of them; if you wish to look down on people it helps if you are up higher than them.

tommers, A380 and kebabking like this.
  13. DownwardDog

DownwardDog Bаnned for speeding. Again.

They are not "old" you can still buy new ones! I had one for a few years and they are pretty grim. It's more like driving a piece of earth moving equipment than a car. It needed oil changes every 5,000km and locking diffs were a $3,000 (!) option.

A380 likes this.
  14. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

They should be buying bin lorries then.

Bahnhof Strasse and hash tag like this.
  15. Poi E

They updated them so they're no longer quite as agricultural and they look less hairy chested and they don't want to drive you off the road. Yeah, live front axles make for fun progress.

16. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

What, jaundice? :p

17. ViolentPanda

The favourite vehicle of Islamists everywhere! ;) Just stick a pintle on the truck-bed for mounting your machine gun on, and Abdul's yer unkle!

A380 and UnderAnOpenSky like this.
  18. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

Not just Islamists, anyone who wants a reliable platform for delivering mobile sustained fire. Or you can buy something almost as good for 20 times the price from the Americans.

ViolentPanda likes this.
  19. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

The Toyota Hilux has been making deep inroads into the discerning vehicle-centric militant fraternity in the last few years.

Perhaps they saw that Top Gear special where the team drove to the North Pole?

It's tends to be the better funded discerning vehicle-centric militant of course...

A380 likes this.
  20. ViolentPanda

The last HiLux I saw was a brand new "Crew Cab" version with those stupid spotlights on a bar on the roof. Great for the Prairies, the desert, the Steppes or the Outback, but on Streatham High Road it looked fucking stupid - almost as stupid as the neck-bearded cunt driving it.

A380 and kebabking like this.
  21. DownwardDog

A Ford F-150 is far superior to a Land Cruiser 70 in just about every way as long as you don't get the Powerstroke diesel which consumes almost as much coolant as it does fuel. I don't know about the Chevy and I assume the ball joints come flying out of the Dodge Ram every time you go round a corner.

22. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

How does a tweeded-up/gentry-like family with dogs in sparkling clean double cab Ford Ranger, towing a tractor score on this scale?

kebabking likes this.
  23. kebabking

Depends on how muddy the tractor was.

Were you off to a show pogofish ?

Bahnhof Strasse and pogofish like this.
  24. pogofish

Spectacularly un-muddy!

I somehow got the impression that the nearest this lot got to the soil was the stuff they shake over tatties at the supermarket.

Most of the real local country gentry look and walk like they have just clambered out of a field - even when being somewhat smart.

Yup - first of the year! Pig racing was an interesting new sporting import. :D :D :D

25. kebabking

Dunno where you are (that London?), but the Hanbury Show, Worcestershire 1st July, is a brilliant day out, as the Moreton-in-the-Marsh show (Gloucestershire, first weekend of September..).

We don't bother with the three counties at Malvern any more, it's just stupid money...

A380 and pogofish like this.
  26. pogofish

Nope - This show was on the Aberdeenshire/Moray border. Proper teuchterland! :D

This is a fairly new show, the old one lapsed many years ago but it restarted in 2011/2012 and TBH, its gone from strength to strength. They kept some of the stuff that makes it just like any other of course but broadened it out in a way that makes it a much better weekend overall.

kebabking likes this.
  27. hash tag

It's not just 4x4 range rover type things that are so unnecessary in town, the supercars also.
    I guess the supercar season must be picking up as I saw 4 or 5 ferrari's, lamborgini's or whatever on Saturday in Park Lane.
    Also saw a Gallardo today; outside Tooting job centre :facepalm::rolleyes:

28. DownwardDog

You can tick both boxes with a Lamborghini Urus.

[​IMG]

A380, T & P, Bahnhof Strasse and 2 others like this.
  29. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Song and Sable

30. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

I reckon there's some ongoing humorous challenge between car company designers as to who can get away with making the most vulgar looking piece of shit to sell to petrodollar princes and footballers. I bet they all go to the same pub and laugh about it amongst themselves.

T & P and kebabking like this.